Back from vacation in PR

Hi everyone,
still reading whatever I can on this forum, even I'm not communicating much.(big introvert:-)

We came back from PR 2 weeks ago. Going back around Christmas for 2 weeks. We would want to visit west side next time.
We stayed in SJ and east side, my husband just loves Fajardo. I love OSJ :-) we went thru east side, a lot of beautiful places.
  Loiza  is just gorgeous with its sunsets.
We stayed in Condado, kids and husband loved it. It was ok for me, but nothing special, I'm in love with history, or I can imagine to live in the middle of nowhere, but my husband can't:-(
PR people are beautiful, very helpful and nice in general. Very family oriented, which we appreciate.
To find some place what would fulfill my husband's requirements is crazy lol.

I wanted to ask, if it's ok to bring Rottweiler to PR, I know about ban on pitbulls, but don't know if Rotties are allowed. Couldn't find it anywhere.
Anyway, back to searching:-)
Take care everyone
Bo

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_expor … FICATE.pdf

On page four of the link it addresses the only breeds that are banned. During air travel the airline might request a reinforced crate for your pup. Hope this helps.

Thank you Justpeachyy, I found the same link.

Your dog is fine but may need to be shipped at night, must arrive before it gets too hot.
What would make your husband happy?
What are his needs?
Ponce also has a lot of history btw

When you come in December and are at the beach make a snowman out of the sand and take a photo to make your friends jealous.

I've posted on shipping a dog several times before. In short, I recommend using United because they merged with Continental and kept Continental's first-in-class pet shipping capability (climate controlled shipping, etc.). However, note that unless this has changed, you need to pick up your dog at the air shipping warehouse, which is on a completely different road from the one leading to the airport. It's on the road heading to the Air National Guard base. I can't recall the specific directions but I know I've posted them before.

Ah, here are the directions. It's not easy to find without them:

"One note on pet shipping: The road to the warehouse where you retrieve your pet cannot be reached by entering the road that leads you to the airport. You need to take the Base Muniz exit off of el Expreso Baldorioty (Rte 26) and drive a good distance to the warehouse - a few kilometers past the main USPS distribution center and on the left near FedEx."

Of course, verify that this is still the pick-up procedure first.

Thank you all for the info. We are not shipping our dogs yet:-) We don't even know yet where in PR we will be moving to,lol. I was just curious if rotties have some ban in PR. I know that they do in other places. Fortunately they don't.

Rey, it's tricky with my husband:-) He's very picky.
Probably, we will look for land, very particular with houses, it's very hard to find "our house". I think you know what I'm talking about, you don't want to deal with somebody else mess. My husband has to fly to NY every other week for 3-4 days, which means not that far from airport.

His first requirement would be breeze. He has to have his breeze:-) Somewhere up on the hill overlooking ocean. Big enough land, btw 1-2 acre for privacy. But he doesn't want to end up in the middle of nowhere either, close to some lively town. And we still need good private school for our last child. She'll be in elementary school. Which means not that far for me to drive her to school every day. Our other kids will be in college already.
Reliable internet.
We count on energy self sufficient enough for back up. Don't want to go totally off grid but have back up ready. I'm very realistic about living on island. Any island.:-)

OSJ is not for us, we love it there, but it's not really right place for our family. We strongly believe we can find our place in PR, I felt very "free" there, can imagine living in  PR. Starting to be really hard to find place inside USA where you can feel free.

My husband and I are pretty adaptive people. Came to USA from Europe and Israel, lived in NYC, built our lives and started our family,moved to Houston, while my husband still had his company in NY. We don't have anybody else, except our children. No family around, no friends, two introverts really:-) we always counted only on ourself and each other. Now it's time to move out of Houston and start somewhere else, we'll be happy in PR.

Can someone tell me, what side of PR has the most breeze?:-) I was thinking about Isabela? Wrong, right?:-)

Oh my, sorry for such a long post, didn't realize it.

Thanks
Bo

The east has the most breeze.

East but most of PR is breezy, mountain skirts in east has nice strong breeze. 200 and more feet above sea level is nice. My place has 15-20 miles an hour fairly constant.

Who is going to take care of a 1-2 acre piece of land if he is traveling?

The prevailing trade winds are usually from the east.   The higher elevations of Isabela have a nice view to the north and steady trade wind breeze.  Definatly worth looking in that area.

Rey, my husband is traveling like that for the last 12 years:-) We live in Houston 12 years and he kept his company in NY and will keep his company for another 15 years, at least.
When we moved to Houston he wanted to start new company here, but it didn't work out. He was flying every week to NY, staying home only over the weekend. Just last 2 years, he started to realize that he has to change his lifestyle and started to work on it, hard for him, he is a workaholic . Now he goes to NY only for 3-4 days every other week, rest he works from home. Nobody's getting younger:-)

We always took care of our properties, whatever we don't manage, we hire help.

Thank you all, east it is:-) I would like to check Isabela, never been there, but it really looks beautiful , at least from the pictures and description.
I'm just trying to find place where all of us will love. My husband, I and kids, even our boys will be out in college, it still will be their home, too.