Teaching English & learning Portuguese

Hi Everyone,

I'm an Australian looking to move to Sao Paulo in December to be with my partner of 3 years. I have an online business but I'm looking at teaching English over there, studying Portuguese and dancing!
What visa should I look at getting, and are there many opportunities to teach?

Thanks,

Lydia

Fiancee visa if you don´t want any headache. Teaching English: lots of opportunities (Wizard, etc) especially for native English speakers. Salary around R$1,500 to R$2,000.
Hard to live by especially in São Paulo which has a very high cost of living. If you have a PhD in English then your salary could be as high as R$10,000 to R$12,000 teaching at a federal university (concursado), depending on tenure but is only open to Brazilian citizens...

robal

Hi there Lydia
               Some people say theres loads of work here in Brazil and some say there's hardly any,,,,
Come to Brazil for a hoilday, and check out, all the options, "and dont belive the advertising"
its a way of screwing down the wages,,,, there are millions of people unemployed in Brazil and a lot of them are Teachers

What I did was go to Bahia on a summer immersion program and ceased the opportunity to observe. I noticed that many of the locals couldn't and wanted so badly to learn. There was a huge shortage there and people couldn't stay for long periods of time. It just so happens that the school i attended would love to have an English speaker and it is beneficial to learn Portuguese because there are many tourist companies that don't have anyone who speaks English to possibly help communicate with other tourists. That's my plan. Check out immersion programs and tour guide booths. My son wants to be one!