Private Health coverage when pregnant?

Hi All

I have a question regarding the coverage of private healthcare providers when being pregnant.
Background:
My wife and I have been living here in Germany for 3+ years (I am an EU citizen, so we can stay as long as needed).
We are currently going thru IVF to try and get pregnant.
We are currently covered by private insurance (Cygna), but due to my wife's job change we are looking for other options.

Do any of you have any experiences with being pregnant while going on a private insurance company?
Any companies that are especially good or bad? Do we need additional insurance or can we 'just' select any plan?

Thanks

This sounds like a very specialized question that is best addressed to the insurance companies directly because someone else's experiences can differ. Any German insurance plan, private or public should, cover all of the basics of pregnancy care. But something like IVF is an elective procedure that I would doubt is covered in whole but maybe a special plan might cover part of the expenses.

As far as I know, IVF is not covered by German health insurances. But I guess your question was about medical care during pregnancy and birth - and that is covered by all insurers!
However, with private insurers you need to read the fineprint in every detail (and always assume interpretation in your disfavour). In addition, do NOT change insurer when she is already pregnant, as the new one can (and will, if it means saving costs) exempt a pre-existing condition or add a hefty surcharge to your fees.