Make a new life for myself in Belgium

Hi Julien and Members,

My name is Olivier Crespin and I have recently left South Africa in order to make a new life for myself in Belgium. This is made possible because I have dual nationality and I am a Belgian citizen from birth.

Well, I suppose the frustration of "red tape" is an irritation to us all. I have been here 3 months now and still do not have my Belgian ID?

Finding accommodation is really difficult given the prices asked for in Brussels? I have endured some major losses and am having to start over with the help of CPAS.

CPAS is a wonderful service which helps people get back on their feet, but unfortunately, I have witnessed first hand how landlords tend to discriminate against such persons?

It is quite disconcerting to find that people are no longer prepared to take a person on their word? How does a person start over if people are not prepared to afford others an opportunity? I really think people should think twice before being quick to lay judgement unnecessarily?

I have no intentions of trying to live off the social welfare system - it just cannot be done - the affordability is just too tight.

Currently, I am developing a website which helps overcome obesity and degenerative disease by focusing on optimising metabolic health through the ketogenic diet.

Being an avid "foodie" it is my intention to ultimately develop a range of highly nutritious recipes based on the High Fat - Low Carb diet and to help others overcome cancer and other associated metabolic diseases.

I have experienced weight loss of 21 pounds in 6 days and 10 hours. This was done healthily and was a game-changer for me. The benefits associated with this lifestyle are mind-blowing.

If you are interested in finding out more information, please contact me and I will forward you the links to my website.

Given I speak English, Afrikaans and French I am toying with the idea of looking for work in Antwerp? It seems prices for accommodation are a little lower and I believe business is good over there.

I am still looking for people who may be interested in "colocation"/ flat-sharing?

I look forward to meeting fellow expats and hope to make some new friends in the process.

The weather in the last 3 months has been unbelievable - long may it last.

Best regards

Olivier.

Helloooo olivier I am new here also and don't have friends.... Looking forward to meet new expats

Here is my number : ***

Let's catch up

Cheers
Nart

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Nart,

Let's meet for a drink sometime?

Best regards

Olivier.

Hi Oliver

Yes sure, anytime you want you have my number

See you around
Nart