Predators in Ho Chi Minh City

Parents Beware!!!

Recently one of my children had an encounter with a sexual predator in Ho Chi Minh City. It happened in a well known ridesharing service. Involved touching and leg stroking. Adult male on a male child.

Fortunately there was sibling also in the car so the assault was stopped. The children got out of the car at the earliest opportunity. Reported the incident by phone to the company involved and received an inquiry phone call from their head office in Malaysia. The incident was explained and a promise of action being taken was made by the investigator. Not sure what, if any, action has been taken.

Parents please be wary if your children are going to be in a rideshare vehicle alone. Let them know what needs to be done should any improper behaviour occur. Don't take any chances.

Without naming the company, do you think these ridesharing services vet their drivers properly?
I get the idea they tend to let pretty much anyone drive  for them.

@Blunders -- Can you follow through with another call to find out whether appropriate action has been taken?

This subject was in the news just this last week.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/42180/con … in-vietnam

It's not just children who are the victims.  Sexual assaults on adult women have never been reported for a very, very long time.  The women were always to be blamed so silence has been the only action (or non-action) in every case.  For as long as I can remember, not one of the perpetrators who sexually assaulted women was ever named publicly, let alone punished.

Ciambella wrote:

It's not just children who are the victims.  Sexual assaults on adult women have never been reported for a very, very long time.  The women were always to be blamed so silence has been the only action (or non-action) in every case.  For as long as I can remember, not one of the perpetrators who sexually assaulted women was ever named publicly, let alone punished.

True. Especially men who hold powerful positions. My friend was raped by her boss, she never took action due to the police taking his side over her.

Not sure what the checks are for a person who has contact with the public.

Would be surprised if any in depth checks were made.

When money comes in the door, everything else goes out the window

Will follow up the complaint with the company involved

Meantime would recommend that all parents remain vigilant with their children. Especially if they are using rideshare facilities. Don't let them go alone.

The incident in question happened around 4pm so it could happen anytime, day or night.

I can answer that first hand. i went to said company to their head office in Q10. I wanted to ask about business services. Totally confused I ended up in a room with some of the freakiest scummiest men I have ever seen, being signed up for the service. I don't believe in a million years they vet them. My friend has had several encounters with drivers running lights and driving erratically on their bike service.

sounds just like cabbies in Perth