Italian citizenship in Germany

Hello, I'm a Brazilian person living in Germany for three years, I gave up on trying to have my Italian citizenship in Brazil because it would take years and a lot of money and the search for documents would demand a lot of time and efforts I didn't have. The topic came up now in a conversation and I was curious to know if anybody here could share some informations about it.
Thank you!

Getting Italian citizenship depends on Italian regulations and authorities, not Brazilian or German. Therefore I recommend you post this on the Italy forum instead!

Mandiefailla wrote:

Hello, I'm a Brazilian person living in Germany for three years, I gave up on trying to have my Italian citizenship in Brazil because it would take years and a lot of money and the search for documents would demand a lot of time and efforts I didn't have. The topic came up now in a conversation and I was curious to know if anybody here could share some informations about it.
Thank you!

It sounds like you've already looked into obtaining citizenship, and you've decided it's too much trouble already.  What information are you looking for?  :unsure

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Well, in Brazil there's a lot of bureaucracy, while in Europe sounds easier to accomplish certain things. I just posted it here cause I thought maybe someone has a similar experience to share.

Wherever you are in the world, to get country X citizenship you have to deal with country X buerocracy, not any other.
What makes you think Italian buerocrats in Brazil are any different from Italian buerocrats in Germany?