Leaving country before 2nd stage employment pass issue

Hi,

I got an opportunity to work in penang for local IT company, I am indian and enter Malaysia with single entry visa for employment pass, however because of family issues I came back just after a week from Malaysia, the company doesn't gave me any money during this duration of stay. I had two year Contract with them, but they let me go with no issues, however the recruiting agent company  is demanding money from me and giving  a threat  to take legal action against me In embassy. Can he really do. That or do I really need to pay the money to agent. I am. Back to India and I didn't had stage 2 multiple entry visa stamped on passport. Please suggest

See my other reply about reading your offer letter to see if you have any liability. What they seem to be threatening is to blacklist you at immigration which will mean you wont be able to work in Malaysia for quite a few years.

Another angle - if you got the job offer from an employment agency, take a look at their Terms and Conditions, to see if you committed yourself to any financial penalty if you left the job within a number of months.

Thanks for response ,

I have contract with  the company but I didn't event worked for a month and they didn't asked me to compensate as well and let me go but it's not in written with me, I have not got second stage employment pass, does it still make me comes under the contract? The company who is threatning doesn't have any contract with me as they just scheduled the interview, may be there is contract between them and company.. But I never signed anything with them.. I am in India now what can be the worst course of action they can take if I don't wanna go back

I guess they could take out legal action against you in Malaysia. However, as you say, you didn't actually legally take up the job offer as the work permit was not endorsed. But you need to clarify with the employer why you are being charged a fee and also the T&Cs of the Agency.

I am not in Malaysia anymore, what legal action they can take now if they want to.. I cannot go back to Malaysia as I was on single entry employement pass..

You might get a judgement against you in the Malaysian Court. I don't know what affect that might have in say future credit scoring.... My guess is they think you will want to work in Malaysia at some time in the future. Being blacklisted would prevent this. By the way, Penang would have been a great place to spend some time.

Yeah penang was nice so. Do. Malaysia, but I didnt found the work nice as they have promised me, and also my mom got hospitalized so I had to come back, I have  no plans of going back to Malaysia anymore as I want to be with family now as they need me here more than ever. Just need to know if anything  can happen against me in India now or not.

Thanks. A lot gravitas for quick help and suggestions.. You a rockstar