Living in Washington

You are an expatriate living in Washington, or you used to  work and live in Washington.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Washington?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Washington?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Washington?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hallo, Im hoping to emmigrate soon. Will feel lonely at first. Any tips how to meet some new friends in washington.... Maymay14

The best thing I can suggest is get involved with people you work with, they will provide a link to other people. Also if you are moving with a partner try to get to know the people they work with. Be open to offers that come up. Don't become a hermit, really encourage yourself to get up and out of your house.

Living in Washington is my best memory in my life.Although I only stayed here half an year,I went to some parks,lakes,beaches and mountains where are very beautiful.I lived in seattle(renton) only mysely.At beginning,I felt very lonely because nobody I know and met some problems.But,I very lucky to meet some local friends.They helped  me a lot ,they teached me study English.I am thankful to them.They invited me to their home to have dinner with their family members.They treated me like a families.I love USA,I love WA,I love seattle,I love American.Because my visa denied,so I come back home.But all the things happened in USA is a good memory and I thanks for god give me such a good experience.

Bonjour nous souhaiton moi mon marie et nos enfants nous installer a washington pourrier vous nous dire comment ca se passe au niveau de la vie, le cout des logement ecole francaise , alimentation, en bref avec combien peut  d argent peut subvenir un couple merci d' avance

Bonjour Stephanie, vous devriez poster sur le meme forum, mais en version française https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4142;)

Hope this helps,

Julien

I'm an expat living in Egypt but WA is my home.  Since I've lived and worked all over the world I'm very familiar with the expat experience, the adjustments involved and so on.  If I can help with any questions just let me know!

Washington is good place to live. I found good neighbors and to good shopping malls, leisure centers there in Washington. I generally go to Walmart shop, Whole food,Subway. I am also bit confident about its roads.

Are there any legal jobs near Seattle?