TIPS FOR SELLING PROPERTY IN BUDAPEST PLEASE

Hi

My partner and I bought 5 apartments in Budapest to rent out. We live in France.

We used Tower to manage them and found them useless.  The stress got so great that we decided to sell them.  Tower sold 3 but have failed to sell the remaining 2.  These are located in vii and viii districts.  The latter is a short walk from the Corvin centre.

Both are ground floor with galleries.  The apartment in vii is 26m2 and the other is 25m2.  Both have been renovated although Tower tell us that the vii apartment has some mould.

What is a reasonable price to expect for each (both are in classical buildings) and any tips for how we can sell.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Mold will be a hard sell. If the building has fundamental moisture issues due to design or age, you can renovate an apartment till your eyes bleed and it still may not matter. In other words "classical building" is a Realtor term that may really mean "old and rundown" and those who know property are not fooled by that.

Regarding tip: do not hesitate to fire your Realtor if they are incompetent. I am constantly astounded by how some properties are marketed here. For example, look at this site:

http://www.budapestestate.com/forsale/v … eleki_ter/

Who's bright idea was it to include a photo with garbage cans? Maybe they are indeed always there in the hall. Maybe that is normal. But in sales you do not highlight faults in the property for all the world to see. A complete marketing failure.

So true,who wants to see trash cans?
When the time comes for us to sell out I am praying our many idiot neighbors do not have the dirty laundry hanging about on the railings.
Some people have spent months on end remodeling their flat, gutted them etc. only to hang their clothing and towels outside to dry.
Who on earth wants to see that?
I have been sort of planning for ages now but probably in all good taste will not actually do it, thinking of purchasing the biggest most ugly pair of cotton "granny underpants" anyone can find, staining them with sauces and hanging them out like a "freak flag"just to perhaps give a few dummies a clue as to how gross hanging their clothing outside is.
My sense of taste has so far kept me from doing this but when I am about to sell out, who knows I may open up Pandora's Box.
Ground floor apts. are not known to move fast, all the st. noise, and moisture and facing the yard on top of that is going to be a hard sell. We saw many flats before buying which the agents were pushing ground floor, we often didn't even enter the flat because ground floor is the worst level.