Festivals in Wales

Hello everyone,

What are the main festivals in Wales? Are there art, food, music, film, or other festivals expats can attend and participate in?

When do the festivals take place? How long does each festival usually last?

What activities go on during the festival? Is it necessary to buy tickets?

Are there any other events that take place in Wales that shouldn't be missed?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

next festival will be the ice cream festival around the aug 5-6th and location is still to be announced. It will involve numerous ice cream parlours enaging together giving you opportunity to try different flavors while there will be some entertainment playing also.
You also have the big pride parade on the 24th of august if that is your thing.
extreme sailing in Cardiff bay also end of august.   
HUB festival for music lovers at cardiff castle end of august too.

Wales is very interesting part of UK. It has many local and regional festivals for people to enjoy and meet with each others. I think i enjoy food festivals in Cardiff and around my local village where I live. People from all over wales bring various varieties of food and sell. Summer time is good because there is always something happening over weekends. Most important and popular festivity is Xmas at the end of the year when everyone becomes humble and generous. Everywhere parties and joy. Children love it and so are adults. Most of the folks get to see their children who are living abroad or far away. Yes indeed it is fun to live in Wales.
javed