Tourist visitor Visa

Hello there

Question: Is it possible or legal to find a job in Uk while has visitor Visa? any information regarding this.

No, it's absolutely forbidden.

alright but what if I get the job interview?

STEFFIFI wrote:

No, it's absolutely forbidden.

Care to post an official source which states that?

I mean it's forbidden to work. Obviously, you can technically look a job and have interview.

Nothing stopping you looking for a job from anywhere, but one thing you can't do is apply for the visa to get that job while in the UK, you can only apply from your home country; this link here will take you to the UK Government website that explains the process.

However, it's not quite as easy as that.  For a non-EU citizen, they can only apply to get visa's for jobs that feature on the "Shortage Occupation List"; this link will take you to the UK Government website that lists them all.  If you're qualified to apply for one of those, you then need to find one with an employer who is willing to sponsor your move and pay you over a certain amount (basically, you can't fall on the UK state to support you).

As I said, it's not easy, but I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expert Team

If an employer employs you without the correct papers they can be fined up to £20,000 .....it is their responsibility to check all your papers BEFORE they employ you.
Be careful not to waste your money!

Hello all

Thank you  for your feedback  I really appreciate it.  I'll try my luck

It is possible not not legal....

How easy is it for Sri Lankan to get visitors visa to the UK if they are studying in Latvia easy quite difficult or very difficult ?

Kaura,

I am afraid we are confusing two basic issues:

a) Looking for a job on a visit or a tourist visa is forbidden. I know lots of cases where immigration staff checked baggage of tourists and found resumes and were subsequently deported.

b) Once you are in the UK , you will not be arrested for applying for a job and appearing for interviews.

c) The possibility of getting a job depends on your professional qualifications and whether your prospective employer agrees to go through the hassle of applying for your work permit.
:)

Thank you for the info but I would like know , if I want to come visit for 6 month but I don't know  anyone to accommodate me ,how much do I need in savings?

Thank you

As I said its possible but illegal....

Quite a lot accommodation here in the UK is expensive, however the further you live away from London the cheaper it becomes (relatively) but the UK is still one of the most expensive places to live in the world. Friends of mine from Sri Lanka renting a simple bedroom in London in a private house sharing both bathroom and kitchen pay their hosts £500 a month just for the room. Not cheap !!!!

kaura Jade wrote:

Thank you for the info but I would like know , if I want to come visit for 6 month but I don't know  anyone to accommodate me ,how much do I need in savings?

Thank you

Hi Kaura,

The Numbeo organisation publish a webpage that gives details of costs for many places around the world; this link will take you there.  One word of warning; the data reflects the previous 12 months, so will be a bit behind the curve.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expert Team

Hello Kaura,

It seems you want to enter UK with the intention to get a work permit , possibly  leading to UK nationality.

It is only natural for a young person to desire a prosper and safe future compared to his or her country of birth,  but you need to remember that if you miss declare or opt for an illegal act, your chances of getting a visa in future will be zero.

I suggest you pursue you UK plan but also go through government sites of immigration to Canada, Australia and New Zealand. These countries have a points based system to invite and qualify foreign nationals in different fields of skills and professions on an on going basis. :)

✍✍Noted thanks for info.