Thoughts about these Locations

Hello Everyone,  I'm continuing to narrow down my choices of places to live in Puerto Rico.  We Started with the East side, and now, I'm looking at specific buildings / communities.  I understand that units are rented by the individual owner, so not really looking for is this a Good / Bad Landlord, but about the Area / Buildings listed below.  If anyone has lived in them, or near them to have an opionion about it.  Listings I've seen on clasificadosonline in areas that seem interesting to us are:

Units in Dos Marinas Fajardo
Units in Playa Azul Liqullio
and
Tierra del Sol Humacao

Open to more suggestions, one of our goals is to try and get at least some kind of Ocean view.  Our plan is to come down for a month in an AirBnB to do our 1 year lease hunt for an appartment. To start we are leaning towards a Condo / Apartment over a house while we get familiar with the island. Those buildings should give you an Idea of our price range from what is listed on Clasificados.

Thanks
Mike & Mary

Dos Marinas was once one of the best properties in the east but now it's dated. Good marinas there though.

Also, crime has spiked in Fajardo over the last 15 years.

Thanks NomadLawyer! We liked the Loction for Dos Marinas for it's access to the Ferry, and to Seven Seas Beach.  My understanding is most of the Crime is Property crime (chime in if it's violent crime). Dated is not so bad, some of the owners have updated their units (at least so say the adds), and we used to live in Belize, so Dated has a whole different meaning sometimes. :-)

Tierra Del Sol is right down the road from Palmas Del Mar where I live. I've never been there but I drive past it on my way to the puma station :).  It is right next to a little complex with a subway, a juice place, hairdresser, and vet office.  It is right by the main road too.  I'm not sure if you could have ocean view from there.

Thanks Donna,

Yea, some of the Penthouse apartments Claim Ocean View, but it might be one of those, see that dot of blue, that's the ocean. ;-).   Haven't really looked inside Palmas Much, seems like most of the things there with an Ocean View are a little bit above my budget, but then maybe I need to evaluate my budge, LOL.

MnMExplorers wrote:

Thanks Donna,

Yea, some of the Penthouse apartments Claim Ocean View, but it might be one of those, see that dot of blue, that's the ocean. ;-).   Haven't really looked inside Palmas Much, seems like most of the things there with an Ocean View are a little bit above my budget, but then maybe I need to evaluate my budge, LOL.

Haha yes I think sometimes they say "ocean view" but only if you climb to the roof and use a ladder 😂😂.    Yes, some areas in Palmas are very expensive but I'd encourage you to take look anyways! I've seen some great deals and foreclosures posted on clasificados and on point to homes website as well.  :). It's a great place to live imo.

Overpriced, in my opinion.

Thanks Donna, I'll keep an Open Mind.

Any suggestions on the East Side NomadLawyer?

There are many condos in the area of Ceiba, Fajardo and Luquillo with pools, gym, courts and great ocean views, they are right around PR3 road. Those usually go from 90k-140k and you could find cheaper. However unlike Palmas you do not have the high level of English community that you will have in Palmas, they are at least 60% locals there. These places are about 5 minutes from the beach or marinas by car maybe less.