S pass

My ep was switched to s pass for 3 years. When shall I apply for pr. Is it worth giving it a try?

You can apply after 6 months (I would suggest to wait for at least a year to show your tax filings) of work in SG under EP or S pass.

There is no harm to try for PR but chances are very less in most of cases. All the best.

My husband is applying for pr for both of us. We have a appointment tomorrow. So do I need to go with my husband for submitting the form n documents.

Nothing wrong to go with your husband and apply together. Good luck

what if the company doesn't want to cancel my pass, she sounded like she was making excuses and says that she will cancel 3-4 days after. My new employer need to apply a pass for me supposedly today. What can I do? Can I go directly to MOM and file a report or can I do personal cancellation? Thanks.

Keep that email as proof where despite of email to your previous employer to cancel the pass, they are not able to confirm back. Then write a mail with that proof to MoM to cancel the pass and provide the reason that you got a better opportunity outside of your existing employer, then new employer is waiting for once the pass cancelled, they can apply immediately. MoM will consider the fact and cancel your pass, will inform you as well as your previous employer.

The new application will be testing as a fresh application and based on its merit and your new employer's background, MoM will approve or reject. Please be patience that average time to see the result of your application is more than 1 month to 2 months. Good luck

Can MOM cancel the application from my previous employer if I show them a letter that the new employer is willing to apply a pass for me but can't do so because of the pending status of the previous employer? And can they do it immediately after showing them all the proof like the email from the previous employer stating "we can cancel your application 3-4 days after" and the conversation I had with the HR saying that she will cancel the pass today, no need for me to worry?

If your previous employer HR saying that they will cancel your pass today, then why you don't wait? Ask them send you the confirmation page as proof that then cancelled your application by tomorrow, so that you don't need to write a mail to MoM!

No, they will not cancel my pass today. It was an sms I received from the Hr but it sounded like the owner was controlling the HR. Owner sent me an email saying their "boss" is not around and they ask me to wait 3-4 days more for the cancellation. There were 2 different messages from 2 different people, HR and the owner. And of course, in the end it's still the owner's decision. It seemed like the previous employer is delaying the cancellation until I end my stay here in Singapore. 😔

Then as said you earlier, collect all the supporting documents then formally send a mail to MoM with these supporting documents along with your pass details and request to cancel the pass and inform that new employer willing to apply pass for you (if possible send email or official letter from new employer). Let's hope for the best. Good luck

Okay! Thank you so much for your response! 👍🏼

Hi,

How long is the SPass processing here in Singapore for expat? Is it true that nowadays EP and SP processing take 3-5months for expats?

Work pass processing takes anywhere between a week and several months - and there is nothing one can do to speed it up.

I have another question, My stay will be ending next week, is it possible to request an extension and show ICA my pending application? So that I do not need to exit the country? Thanks in advance!

That depens on the pass you have right now and how long you were already in Singapore.
Contact ICA and ask!