PR for my son

hi, hope someone can help me. I am a malaysian married to a german and i am living in germany. My son is now 26 yrs of age and is a german citizen is there a possibility of getting a PR for him.

I don't think this will be possible as your son is now an adult and would need to qualify in his own right.

Can I suggest you join the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/FSSGMY/ (Foreign Spouses Support Group) as there may be people with experience about this concerning adults. You did not mention if your hubby has his PR.

Thank you so much for your reply. My husband does'nt have a PR. The problem is I have a house in Ipoh and I would  to give it to my son don't know if I would do that as my son is foreigner

Foreigners can own property in Malaysia. The question would be whether you would have to pay any taxes by changing the ownership into his name. I don't think there are any taxes to pay, because it is a transfer within the family. Try asking the Facebook group perhaps?

Hi which part of opoh

Do u need Malaysia PR or what

I need PR for my son

A close friend of mine hàd the same problem with their 25 years old daughter. After doing a lot of research and meeting with two immigration attorneys found out that either both parents have to be Malaysian and the birth registered before a certain age (thinking something like 5, but don't know for sure) or one parent is Malaysian AND the child is born in Malaysia.

So even if your son can own the property, it's going to be hard to work or live full-time in Malaysia. My wife put our house in both our names, but when I asked immigration about happens if she passed away, the answer was clear - I go home, spousal visa can't be renewed. PRs are not easy to get, I know some spouses that have lived here for 20 years, have multiple children who are Malaysian citizens and still have been turned down.

Adult children raised outside Malaysia with one non-Malaysian parent have no special claim to Malaysian citizenship, PR or ability to work or live in Malaysia. The best thing to do with the property if you're not intending to move back to sell it some point or he can do so later.

Thank you so much for your reply