Overstay

IF I have an overstay stamped in my passport ,,will that hurt me in anyway when I try to obtain my residency ....????

No it won't.

Thank you ....also ,,if I am not looking to work,retire,or invest but to simply live ,,does that pose a problem of obtaining residency ,,do they frown on that??

Well you  may not qualify.  You will need to show source of income to prove you can live here.   So its a type of retirement if you have income coming in that is not work related!

If you are female and married to a Dominican, no worries, it's an automatic process.  A little more work if you are a man married to a Dominican woman.  They tend to look at men as provider's and woman are not.  Blunt but simple..

Yes good point, if you are married to a Dominican you go thru the process but don't need to "prove" quite the same way.

So I have monthly income from disability /social security every month and alimony ,,would that qualify ???

So I have disability /social security that I receive monthly omg with alimony ,,does that count?

Hello Mikbri,

Currently, for those applying for Dominican residency via marriage and have been married for six months or more, do not need to prove a specific amount of income. That would be the case for other categories of residency (in which case alimony payments would not qualify as a source of income in the eyes of the Dominican government). But, the consulate or embassy where you are applying for the visa may ask for documents that prove that your Dominican husband has certain amount of funds and/or is able to support you.

So if I only collect 1100.00 monthly income from the government not including alimony and not married to a man from dr..am I gonna be able to gain residency ???

You may be able to qualify for provisional / temporary residency. Please note that rental income is also another way to demonstrate additional income. For more info on other approved sources of income please visit the following link:

Those that have passive incomes of US$1,500 or more may qualify for permanent residency through the investment department of Immigration which comes along with certain tax exemptions on the purchase of the first property in the Dominican Republic among other tax exemptions.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : External link moderated

Thank you ..and so how does the provisional / temporary work???

What do you mean by 'how does the provisional /temporary work?'

Provisional residency is renewable every year.

Please feel free to send me a private message for more detailed information specific to your circumstances.