Planning to apply for PR in Equador.

Dear all  I am 49 yrs indian having experience in working in a steelcompany as a junior engineer.  As per the new laws ive come to know that it is possible to move to Equador on  T3 Stamp/ visa and later apply for temporary visa for 2 years and subsequently after staying in equador for 21 montsn one can apply for Permanent resident visa. 

But to accomplish that final goal for srvival can we do some business like selling flowers or bags or eatables on busy streets of quito so that we can survive initially for all thsi 2 years duration. Pls throw some light on this situation.  Moreover on what ground do the equodarian govt issue this 2 yaesr tempraray resident visa?

Can we apply for this 2 years temporary resident visa from india itself? pls suggest waiting for replies please.

murli1231 wrote:

to accomplish that final goal for survival can we do some business like selling flowers or bags or eatables on busy streets of quito so that we can survive initially for all this 2 years duration. Pls throw some light on this situation.

Selling stuff on city streets is not going to work for you.

In this sour economy in Ecuador, locals want to do this and they're not going to welcome your competition .. not for a week, certainly not for two years.  They'll find 50 ways to shun you, crowd you out, put you out of business in the lucrative areas. 

It's not personal.  It's economic survival.

cccmedia

Thans a lot for the info you have given that local would shun as expected of some community defence against any foreigner coming to their land for doing some business to earn their country money.

Still some queries needs clarifications   1. If after going to equador for 90 days tour visa T3 Stamp further even extension of say another 90 days , on what grounds do the equodarian govt issue this 2 years tempraray resident visa?

2. Should it be assumed all these days whether 90 + 90 + 2 years time period has to be managed by our own brought money from your home country whether it be USA or india or anyone coming from any part of the world?  Then it becomes a big issue and expenses wud incur huge.

3. Can we take up part time jobs or jobs for survival?
4. What are the benefits of EQUADOR PR RESIDENT VISAS ?  Social security ? health benefits etc. What for people from graet country like US even think of settling in EQUADOR.

Please explain a bit is it a good idea to think of settling in equador or drop the idea. pls suggest.

T MURLI BHASKAR

murli1231 wrote:

Please explain a bit is it a good idea to think of settling in equador or drop the idea.

T MURLI BHASKAR

No one can decide this for you, Murli.

Especially since you haven't given any clear reason why you would move to Ecuador.

FYI, there is no Q in Ecuador.

cccmedia

murli wrote:

Can we take up part time jobs or jobs for survival?

T MURLI BHASKAR

A work visa requires Cancillería/government approval of a contract from an Ecuador employer.  You may apply for a job in Ecuador on a tourist permit, but you need a work visa to actually begin employment.

Getting a contract from an EC employer may require fluent Spanish and - or specialized skills for a position that cannot be filled by the local applicant population of Ecuadorians.  Given that you have suggested selling stuff on the street, there is no evidence on this thread that you have particular skills useful for obtaining specialized work.

cccmedia

murli1231 wrote:

Still some queries needs clarifications   1. If after going to equador for 90 days tour visa T3 Stamp further even extension of say another 90 days , on what grounds do the equodarian govt issue this 2 years tempraray resident visa?

2. Should it be assumed all these days whether 90 + 90 + 2 years time period has to be managed by our own brought money from your home country whether it be USA or india or anyone coming from any part of the world?  Then it becomes a big issue and expenses wud incur huge....

4. What are the benefits of EQUADOR PR RESIDENT VISAS ?  Social security ? health benefits etc. What for people from graet country like US even think of settling in EQUADOR.

T MURLI BHASKAR

As you may have discovered in your research, Murli, the new administration just published the revised visa rules last month, June 2017.

Since these rules have not been tested for long, there is a bottomless pit of unanswered questions for some applicants .. and a temporary lack of clarity.

In light of this, layman Expats on this forum cannot be reliably counted on .. to address your particular case, which may be unique.

Consult an experienced immigration attorney if you are serious about wanting a visa for Ecuador.

Use the search function on this forum, available on the Ecuador forum welcome page, to access previous posts about your interest in the benefits of having an Ecuador visa.

Your Question marked #2 is indecipherable in my opinion in its present form.  I suggest that if you ask anyone this question, that you get clear on what you want to know .. and rewrite the question so that it is clear.

cccmedia

Thanks for replies. sir.  I am intrested to move to Equador as the currency is US dollar and i can expect making money in USD.  I hope landing in quito and doing a little bit research would certainly show a way for making some earnings for furtherlife endeavours. 

I have come tokknow about URGUARY ALSO WHERE ONE CAN TRY FOR Permanent residence by going there on tourist visas? Pls comment if it is correct to immigrate to urgary for peaceful life and natural beauty with some oppurtunity of doing bussiness.
I am a barber also and do work in a hair cutting saloon and earn decently by doing that in part time also. I hope this skill also should help me for initial survival.

Waiting for comments pls.

murli1231 wrote:

Thanks for replies. sir.  I am intrested to move to Equador as the currency is US dollar and i can expect making money in USD.

The fact that both Ecuador's and USA's currency is the dollar is not necessarily ideal for you.  Colombia's peso has been floating above 3,000 to the US dollar for a while, making Colombia less expensive than Ecuador for Expats with dollars.

As for Uruguay, I was there last year and found it more expensive than Ecuador.

Did I mention that there is no Q in Ecuador?

cccmedia

murli1231 wrote:

Pls comment if it is correct to immigrate to urgary for peaceful life and natural beauty with some oppurtunity of doing bussiness.
I am a barber also and do work in a hair cutting saloon and earn decently by doing that in part time also. I hope this skill also should help me for initial survival.

Uruguay....

peaceful living -- yes

natural beauty -- yes

employment for foreign barber -- highly questionable

Preference is given to local Uruguayans in employment scenarios.  As in most countries, the locals like to see their countrymen employed before considering foreigners.

Barber skills have been successful for you, but are not unique skills by any means.

cccmedia

Thanks for your replies .  Kindly explain what did you exactly meant by Q 

FLI  NO Q IN EQYADOR  MEANS WHAT?  you mean you may fly as there is no queue  of applicants trying for PERMANENT RESIDENCE?   Urguary  as you meantioned might be expensive but anyhow some if and but would always be there.

I am giving ann extract of some one who said   it is possible to get cedula of urguary easily in montevideo  so that one can file his residency later easily.  extarct is as follows

" only in the capital of Uruguay (Montevideo)— you can initiate the process of obtaining the residence permit, only presenting 2 photographs, copy of passport, and a simple proof of domicile (very easy to obtain at any police station with two witnesses, or with a receipt or contract of any government service, such as telephone, electricity or water).

With that simple step, you can obtain a temporary "Cédula de Identidad" or uruguayan ID card, and you will have a period of about 6 months to present all the required documents, like proof of income.

The Uruguayan ID card is what is needed to legally obtain any job.

Here only question i will have is ive to take a tourist visa from india before flying.

Also pls advise me how can we become a driver in URGUARY  OR EVEN EQUADOR.  I am having driving skills also and i have driving licence of my home country--INDIA if needed i can apply for International driving license . But what is the scenario of drivers jobs in urguary or EQUADOR can i get a job easli in this line of driving.

Pls inform me which jobs are in demand. I cant think of comuter skills as spanish i hope is needed all over. otherwise i can work as office assistant also .  I ahve come to know that if i get Residency of Urguary i may move freely to brazil- argentina-chile neighbouring countries for doing business. When such a huge potential is being exposes why shouldnt we give a try. please comment your views--waiting for replies pls.

T MURLI BHASKAR

murli1231 wrote:

Kindly explain what did you exactly meant by Q 

FLI  NO Q IN EQYADOR  MEANS WHAT?

He was just trying to tell you, it's spelled E-C-U-A-D-O-R.  There is no Q in Ecuador.

murli1231 wrote:

how can we become a driver in URGUARY  OR EVEN EQUADOR.  I am having driving skills also and i have driving licence of my home country--INDIA if needed i can apply for International driving license . But what is the scenario of drivers jobs in urguary or EQUADOR can i get a job easli in this line of driving.

To become a working driver in Ecuador, you need an Ecuadorian drivers license.  The international driving permit you mentioned is worthless, forget it.

To read existing expat.com threads on drivers licensing, type in the words drivers license into the search box at the Ecuador forum welcome page.  After you click for the search, you will be whisked to relevant threads.

If you have a drivers license that is unexpired, you should be able to exchange it for an Ecuadorian license.  Note that there are additional requirements.

Since driving is not a unique skill, you cannot count on obtaining employment as a driver in Ecuador.

Also note that different licenses pertain to different classes of vehicles.

cccmedia

murli1231 wrote:

I am giving ann extract of some one who said   it is possible to get cedula of urguary easily in montevideo  so that one can file his residency later easily.  extarct is as follows

" only in the capital of Uruguay (Montevideo)— you can initiate the process of obtaining the residence permit, only presenting 2 photographs, copy of passport, and a simple proof of domicile (very easy to obtain at any police station with two witnesses, or with a receipt or contract of any government service, such as telephone, electricity or water).

With that simple step, you can obtain a temporary "Cédula de Identidad" or uruguayan ID card, and you will have a period of about 6 months to present all the required documents, like proof of income.

The Uruguayan ID card is what is needed to legally obtain any job...

Also pls advise me how can we become a driver in URGUARY....

Pls inform me which jobs are in demand. I cant think of comuter skills as spanish i hope is needed all over. otherwise i can work as office assistant also .  I ahve come to know that if i get Residency of Urguary i may move freely to brazil- argentina-chile neighbouring countries for doing business. When such a huge potential is being exposes why shouldnt we give a try. please comment your views--waiting for replies pls.

You have mentioned Uruguay (note this spelling) various times in the above post.

I suggest that you post your questions about Uruguay at the Uruguay forum of expat.com ...  This is the Ecuador forum.

ccccmedia