Living in British Columbia

You are an expatriate living in British Columbia, or you used to  work and live in British Columbia.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in British Columbia?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in British Columbia?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in British Columbia?

Thanks in advance for your participation

I am planing to move to Canada and my first priority city is Vancouver (not necessary in downtown Vancouver but decent area), I would like to know some information about cost of the following:
1. monthly Rental fees apa. 2 bedrooms
2. Food for a family of three persons
3. TV cable, internet, phone, cell phone
4. Natural gas and electricity
5. Transportation (train pass)

I would appreciate someone's answer

Regards
oam007

nice area is Burnaby, more family orientated. 2 beds from 1,500 to 1800 -depends on area and view. I pay 100$for tv cable and internet. Cell is 60$ a month with Rogers. Gas in winter 100 to 180 - electric about 80$ to 120 in winter, a month- lot less in summer.
Train - no idea - I use a car but access to downtown is easy with skytrain. Food varies, my family of 4 - 150 easily per week.

Richmond is another great area that is close to the airport and is very accesible to the downtown core via the newly build Skytrain.  To get there cost about $2.25 from Richmond. 

Accomodations per month can cost a family of three around $900- $1,000 for a 2 bedroom suite (accomodation within a residential house that has its own kitchen, laundtry). Older apartments can cost around that much with newer condo around 1,300-1,500.  You can canvas via the Vancouver sun classified ads, or Richmond Review newspaper (I am sure they got an online version).  Also try the Vancouver edition of Craigslist for anything you want to find out the going rate is. 

Grocery for a family of three can cost around $600.00 per month.

I hope this help.

Surrey is another good City. Very fast getting developed. It is expanding and will be the largest city in N. America.Total expenses for a family of three will be between $1400 to 1600/-

Reg.
Suk