Truck driver wants to work in canada

Im a 46yr old Truck driver from northern ireland i would like to work in canada but dont know if it is possible at my age to get a visa, if my hgv class 1, ADR cert are any good in canada? any answers or help with these questions would be helpfull thanks Dave.

Hi Dave,

I have good news and bad news. You'll need to get an International Driver's Licence before 180 days (6 months) have passed. The process is simple- you transfer it over with your employer. And you'll need a confirmed, permanent job offer so that you can get sponsored via Provincial Nominee or Skilled Worker. If you don't have a job offer, you'll need to wait approxiamately 45 months, based on your citizenship (UK)

As far as the job situation, I work as a Human Resource Guide and there are no jobs for your profession nor have I seen any since about 2009----but that is for the southern British Columbia area. (Okanagan, Islands and Vancouver areas).

Narrow down you search to one city and start looking at the online versions of local newspapers. Simply search the city and "local newspaper" and you should come up with the name of it.
google.ca is the search engine I suggest. Craigslist is also a good source, but they may not want to deal with the immigration paperwork.

And lastly, the cut off age is 55 for Skilled Workers in the immigration scheme. Canada's immigration website----cic.gc.ca
cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp#europe---waiting times for applications

Thank you shaboola,
I will take a look at that website, i do have relations over there who drive trucks so they maybe able to help me out.