Moving to Germany

Hi,i am a single mother from Singapore with a 14yo child.we would like to move to Germany,Hamburg to start a new life and for my son to persue his school there.would like to know if anyone can advise if any high school to recommend and a shipping line job for me there to support my son.and to rent a house also.thanks

Hi Kahwai,

Greetings from a German-Singaporean family at the other end of Germany (Stuttgart)!
If your son speaks German well, he can enter any public school you like (they all have the same standard, there are no good and bad schools in Germany). If not, you should look for a school that offers preparatory classes for foreign kids. He will lose a school year through this, though. (International schools are rare and almost as expensive as in Singapore.)
To find a job (which you should before doing anything else), you can pro-actively apply at all suitable companies in your field. It would also help if you speak German, of course.
Housing is difficult to find (but much cheaper than in Singapore). You can only start your search after arriving in Germany, so worry about other issues first!

Good luck,
    Beppi

Hi Beppi,

Thank you so much for the details.