10k for a house, really? + questions

Ok, so I've found a good management company to set up a company, register my car, open accounts etc which I plan to do after summer when I come over. Also later this year I plan to view some houses with the view of buying. Whilst I dont plan to live in Bulgaria (I currently live in Greece), Id like a place to come and stay at weekends.
But first I have a few questions.

1. What are good and bad areas to buy. I've heard that North West is a no no, and northern areas generally are full of gypsies, so I am thinking South West or Southern or middle part, would this be correct?
2. Since it is a risky investment, I am thinking of paying up to 10k only. I want something rural, ideally with few or no neighbors. Everything I see on the internet seems to be an old wreak. Are there any tips for finding a good place? Does anyone recommend a website? Has anyone hear bought from a website?
3. Has anyone hear bought an old house and done it up? What were the costs involved?
4. How easy is it to get planning permission for a log cabin. Another option I have is to buy a forest, but would it be easy to put a 3 bedroom log cabin up?
5. How easy is it to getting permission to build a 2 or 3 metre high solid wall?
6. Is it safe? Say I get a place in a remote area but in a good area. I drive a top end car, would this make me a target?
7. Does anyone recommend a good lawyer/solicitor for buying property who will check everything, and look out for all the scams/things to look out for such as shared land ownership.
8. Are there areas or towns/villages with expats communities/events?

By the way, If anyone here is selling a property my ideal place is rural or mountainous. We are not afraid to be in the middle of no-where. Must be solid, good roof, walls. I dont mind renovating but as long as nothing major, so no subsidence etc. The main thing I want is land, at least 3000 m2, ideally much more. Ideally near a fresh water source, and with mains electric and mobile phone signal and land phones.

Final point, what do people think of Brexit? Will it effect expats in Bulgaria much? This is one of the reasons I am buying/setting up company in Bulgaria. I think it is easier than trying in Greece, plus better tax.

Thanks in advance, I know I've asked a lot of questions here but really appreciate any advice.

It seems this forum is quiet. Does anyone know a more active one where I can get answers to questions? Many thanks in advance

All I can say is I've bought a house in the Belene  Area and that it looks quiet Miles away from anywhere and still to find out a lot of the same questions you are asking

1. What are good and bad areas to buy. I've heard that North West is a no no, and northern areas generally are full of gypsies, so I am thinking South West or Southern or middle part, would this be correct?

Plenty of people buy in the northwest or northern parts. It depends on what you are looking for. There are definitely large Roma populations in many rural areas in the central and south areas (around Plovdiv and Sliven), so not only in the north.

2. Since it is a risky investment, I am thinking of paying up to 10k only. I want something rural, ideally with few or no neighbors. Everything I see on the internet seems to be an old wreak. Are there any tips for finding a good place? Does anyone recommend a website? Has anyone hear bought from a website?

With 10k (guessing euro?) you are likely to get an old wreck that needs a lot of work. You are not likely to get a ready-to-go place that does not have any structural issues, even in rural areas--- especially if you want that much land with it. Your money will always go further if you avoid websites (especially ones targeted at expats) but that involves figuring out where you want to live, going there, and talking to the people in person.

3. Has anyone hear bought an old house and done it up? What were the costs involved?

I haven't yet.

4. How easy is it to get planning permission for a log cabin. Another option I have is to buy a forest, but would it be easy to put a 3 bedroom log cabin up?

From what I hear, it is pretty difficult to get the regulation of a plot of land changed to allow building (if an estate agent tells you differently, I would walk away quickly). However, if you get a regulated plot of land that already allows for building, then building permissions are fairly easy and straight forward.

5. How easy is it to getting permission to build a 2 or 3 metre high solid wall?

6. Is it safe? Say I get a place in a remote area but in a good area. I drive a top end car, would this make me a target?

Depends on how often you are here, whether you hire someone to take care of the property etc. Yes, driving an expensive car will make you a target, especially if people know your home is empty regularly. SOT will only help so much. If you are gone most of the time, the best you can do is keep a low profile.

7. Does anyone recommend a good lawyer/solicitor for buying property who will check everything, and look out for all the scams/things to look out for such as shared land ownership.

8. Are there areas or towns/villages with expats communities/events?
There are a bunch, depends on the region. Veliko Turnovo is big with expats in the north. In the south, around chirpan and sliven.

Thanks Kojidae, very helpful thanks.
I saw on the internet one guy selling done up houses but without kitchen/bathroom with 1500m3 land for about 10-13k on pay monthly.

There are quite a few of these pay monthly sellers on the web and my advice is tread carefully. I came over in June to view some offered this way with one such vendor and to say that the quality was poor is putting it mildly and the prices well enflated.

Instead we have rented a house so we ahve the time to look around and find the right area and place to buy and there are loads of places on offer that require soem TLC and moderniastion and many that ae already done. So take your time and do visit and view before jumping in with both feet.

Very solid advice, Plezier.

Just joined today.  Your questions much the same as mine would be.  I am looking to retire to the Rose Valley area, not so popular with expats.  Really fed up with the UK especially after living next to the neighbour from hell with a subwoofer!.
Plan to visit in Spring 2018 to view possible properties but looking for info meanwhile.