Long shot

The goverment of Puerto Rico is getting ready to petition that Puerto Rico be cleared / allowed to stablish itself as an air cargo destination posibly serving Africa and Latin America. They are also trying to get an exception to the Jones act so they can directly cary maritine Cargo to / From Puerto Rico.

They are propsing the Ceiba Airport for that.

I think it is a long shot, but we shall see
Rey

I think that would be wonderful for PR.

There are alsso discussions about some eco turisum for the island of mona. Not sure what the protection agencies are saying yet.

The Jones Act is a disgrace and I hope it is repealed. As for these other Hail Mary ideas, they will not make a difference. The strength of an economy comes from the ground up - not from governmental schemes.

The Jones act is a disgrace - I agree completely.   I guess I will need to review the history behind it.   But we (residents of PR) are the victims of it's consequences.

It is protection of the Merchant Marine, somebodies idea that in case of war the military may need them, so it is being kept afloat of the backs of the island.

There is no highway access to Ceiba - I can't imagine how they would transport the goods through Luquillo on Rt 3. It wound add to the already horrendous traffic in that area.

I don't think they intend to have the goods transported for use in Puerto Rico, but to transfer elsewhere like the states for example. So they would come in in one plane, be inspected and put on another plane.

They can build a ramp into and out of PR3 and bypass the town for items that have a PR final destiny.

Yup PR3  has heavy traffic but they can extend PR 66 into Ceiba