Expat’s plane ticket going to Budapest

I am just wondering if the Budapest company that gave me a job will shoulder all of my expenses so that I can transfer smoothly from the Philippines going to Hungary including plane ticket fares, visa processing fees, etc.

I am just wondering. why don't you simply ask them?   The company will tell you more accurately, as opposed to an internet forum.

romaniac wrote:

I am just wondering. why don't you simply ask them?   The company will tell you more accurately, as opposed to an internet forum.

Good point. I already asked them and I am still waiting for a reply. I am posting here just in case some of you encountered a company and being an expat but shelled out the money for plane tickets, etc. All of you got more experience that I do.

Some companies do pay for the travel arrangements but this is all agreed on at the interview and signing of the contracts etc......

I guess you will have to wait for the reply?

SimCityAT wrote:

Some companies do pay for the travel arrangements but this is all agreed on at the interview and signing of the contracts etc......

Of course. I just want to know if there is anyone who paid all expenses using their own wallet.

kiros0027 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Of course. I just want to know if there is anyone who paid all expenses using their own wallet.

I'm sure there are, some people are less fortunate or wise than others.

Let's be blunt: if you didn't tie the benefits package down upfront, you're not in a strong position now. Of course everything can be negotiated again, and if they're very eager to have you, then it's not too late to ask for moving expenses and such.

But, practically speaking you only get one more bite at the apple, so think this through and make sure you ask for anything else you need at the same time. Don't make any assumptions about the benefits.

Of course, if you're talking about a large multinational, then they no doubt have standard policies in place.