Plastic bag recycling company in HCMC

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to minimize my plastic usage and i'm looking for a company that can accept the plastic bags I have for recycling. If anyone can suggest, that'd be great! I hope it just around HCMC.

I'm not sure if there are existing topics about this here, if there is, please reply with a link.

Thanks,
Jed

The plastic bag problem in Vietnam bothers us a great deal too, that's why spouse and I carry foldable tote bags with us and have groceries and merchandise put directly in them. It's the local tradition we adopted many years ago when living in Europe and after returning to the States where both plastic and paper bags are either banned or incurred a charge.

I just started and kept reminding myself to refuse plastic when buying stuff from the mall or market. We still have a couple of plastic bags here at home and I'm feeling guilty if I'll just throw them away that's why I'm looking for a recycling company that could use the plastic bags i have :)

Question, how do you throw away your garbages if you don't use plastic bags? :)

I am surprised that you have not seen the ladies on old bicycles loaded up with pieces of plastic, sheet metal cardboard or anything else you could imagine to recycle.  They actually will buy your bags as well as empty cans and plastic bottles.  Don't expect much.  A bucket full of items may get you 1000-2000 VND.  If you live in an apartment they may set up a little buying station once a week as they did at our apartment house.  Perhaps they are not as ubiquitous in D-1 or D3 as they are in the 'burbs. 

http://i2.wp.com/ultralightbiketouring.com/biketour/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/P1000172.jpg

THIGV wrote:

I am surprised that you have not seen the ladies on old bicycles loaded up with pieces of plastic, sheet metal cardboard or anything else you could imagine to recycle.  They actually will buy your bags as well as empty cans and plastic bottles.  Don't expect much.  A bucket full of items may get you 1000-2000 VND.  If you live in an apartment they may set up a little buying station once a week as they did at our apartment house.  Perhaps they are not as ubiquitous in D-1 or D3 as they are in the 'burbs. 

http://i2.wp.com/ultralightbiketouring. … 000172.jpg

Thanks for this. I live in D7, I'm not sure if I have seen them around but I'll give them a look out.

jaeaye wrote:

Thanks for this. I live in D7,

There's your problem.  Way too high income for these ladies to be operating.   :cool:

Hi, Jed :)
My name is Yeon Ho from Korea and I currently live in Ho Chi Minh city.
I am interested in Plastic bags you have.
How many quantity of the Plastic bags do you have?
It'w be great to let me know it with pictures.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Yeon Ho.

Napleo wrote:

Hi, Jed :)
My name is Yeon Ho from Korea and I currently live in Ho Chi Minh city.
I am interested in Plastic bags you have.
How many quantity of the Plastic bags do you have?
It'w be great to let me know it with pictures.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Yeon Ho.

Hi Yeon Ho,

I'm not sure how many are there, but there's quite a lot. Im not able to send a picture right now because I'm not at home. I'll be able to send one tonight.

And if I may ask, how many do you need?

Thanks

Hi. :)
I need tons per a month.
If we contact via a mobile, it'd be great.
My mobile is ***.
By the way, I am not that fluent in English. Let's use VIBER...

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Napleo wrote:

I need tons per a month..

Tons per month???.  You don't want to be buying from individuals.  My guess is that those bicycle ladies serve as consolidators.  They had a warehouse not far from my home.  They dried the bags there.  The warehouse had baling machines and they (or their men) moved the bales out on trucks.  Where the bales went I don't know but maybe to one of the plastics or pipe factories you see in Huyen Binh Chan or Long An Province. Actually a pretty slick operation.  Those bags may be part of the plastic chair that you eat your street vendor morning noodles on.
http://www.dailynews.lk/sites/default/files/news/2016/05/24/z_p13-obama-drop-.jpg
I think both of you need to find some of these ladies as my guess is that they serve as pretty efficient middlemen.

THIGV wrote:
Napleo wrote:

I need tons per a month..

Tons per month???.  You don't want to be buying from individuals.  My guess is that those bicycle ladies serve as consolidators.  They had a warehouse not far from my home.  They dried the bags there.  The warehouse had baling machines and they (or their men) moved the bales out on trucks.  Where the bales went I don't know but maybe to one of the plastics or pipe factories you see in Huyen Binh Chan or Long An Province. Actually a pretty slick operation.  Those bags may be part of the plastic chair that you eat your street vendor morning noodles on.
http://www.dailynews.lk/sites/default/f … -drop-.jpg
I think both of you need to find some of these ladies as my guess is that they serve as pretty efficient middlemen.

I agree with him. I can only give you such but not a ton. If you're looking for a ton of it. Better follow his suggestion.

Thanks!