How to save money in Turkey

Hello everyone,

Did you plan your budget before your move to Turkey? If so, how did you go about it?

How do you save money in your day to day life? Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?

Do you have any tips about saving money in Turkey? For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi, It is so hard,
and till now I couldnt find the right way,
But mostly, I changed my room from Kadikoy in istanbulto little far shared home after Kartal, I was paying 700 TL for room in kadikoy to small room 250 TL, all included, and I feel so much good,
Where most the factories and job oppoutunities arround Tuzla and Kartal, so better for me, save time and money, and the other side, I still close to Metro, I can Use Kartal Metro to come back to centre of Istanbul As kadikoy..

Other things I saw some types of pread and food not expensive while other 3 time price so I try to get the good and not expensive food..

Since the currency is fluctuate, I used to convert lira to euro every month. That way, you can ensure you save some when transferring back to your home country.