How to save money in Sweden

Hello everyone,

Did you plan your budget before your move to Sweden? If so, how did you go about it?

How do you save money in your day to day life? Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?

Do you have any tips about saving money in Sweden? For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello Priscilla. I am sorry to I am not able to answer all your questions here. I try a couple.
How do you save money in your day to day life? Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?

In Sweden we ofetn save money by making our own food for picnics, work, school and so on. I think you are able to save, at least, 500 SEK a week this way.  I've visited China and see this is not common here. Maybe because it is much more affordable to visit a noodle-place or family mart.

Do you have any tips about saving money in Sweden? For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..

When we buy food we do like in other countries. We visit the big supermarkets. In Sweden you'll find big supermarkets lika ICA, COOP and Willys. Then talking about accommodation you'll find a lot of good deals on B&B in Sweden. Check these >>>

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?
Well, I see an ICA app and beleive you've got similar on other supermarkets. Just like in other countries.
When we then talks about cheaper ways of getting around most bus/train and tram companies in Sweden now use a travel app for you smartphone. In Gothenburg sweden you use the to go app . I hope this gave you some answers. Welcome to sweden.