Cost of living

Hi looking at moving out there pretty soon. .we have our own place...and was wondering if anyone could tell me in pounds the latest cost of living for a family of 4 ..groceries and utilities etc....look forward to your replies

Hi Jardave,

Welcome on board  :)

Have a look at the following thread : Cost of living in Gambia - 2017.

This website might come handy too : https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … rrency=GBP

All the best,
Bhavna

:) thankyou

Hi Jardave,

If you are looking at living with the same standards as in the UK you can live on a monthly expenses of about £600 per month.  If you have your own home I assume you do not have to pay rent or mortgage.  The biggest expenses would be Food, Electricity, Taxes, Internet and Travel & Meals Out.   This does not include paying wages to staff such as gardeners, housekeepers, nannies or schools etc     With regards to food, there are many supermarkets which now sell everything you can get in the uk, however the local markets are a lot cheaper and have more variety regarding fruits and vegetables.

Hi thanks for the info you sent....yes I don't have rent to.pay as own house....I was thinking about that amount for me my wife and 2 children. ..hopefully move out there soner rather than later....any more info would be much appreciated thanks