Komodo Island

Hi Guys

Did anyone went to Komodo Island ?? I live in Jakarta and may want to try out over a weekend, since next two months there is hardly any public holiday, If any one has any kind info about travel time, mode of transport and cost, Please post it here..Thank You

Cheers

Rajnish

My only advice worth repeating is this...be certain to hire local guides (in Komodo) when dealing with Komodo dragons.

Thank you Ubudian

Appreciate your response, yes I will get some local guy with me..

I only offered my advice because, I, like, so many other folks, really enjoy independent travel.  But, when it comes to Komodo...that choice can be deadly.

The dragons kill humans rarely but they do kill.
They're big, unforgiving and their bite is more than nasty as they poison  the victim and that leaves you with a pretty poor chance of survival.

A local guide is essential.

Define weekend?

You will need to fly to Flores and then go overland to the islands as that is the quickest route but maybe expensive.
Or fly out to Lombok and take a boat trip but over a weekend sounds like you are going to be pushing it.

Flights to Flores include Garuda and Lion. A good your agency in Jakarta will help you further but you need time to do this properly. If not enough time then go to TMII and see Komodos there and you pay for this you can throw live with animals at giant reptiles.

Heed Ubudians advice, don't go alone once there. Don't sneak off wanting a closer look other wise you could become their next meal.