Current Cost Of Living

Dear All,

I am planning to move to muscat and I have seen the other posts ans there answers but they are not recent and a quite might have changed.

So here is what I want to ask..

Are public taxis(shared) available in muscat?
Requirement for spouse visa?
Room rent(cheapest) near The Wave.
Mode of transportation to and fro the wave.

I would really appreciated if someone could assist me with these.

Regards,
Abhay

Hi Abhaytak,

The general cost of living in Muscat has not changed drastically over the last few years. Marginally it might have gone up perhaps, but no more. So you can safely go by the costs which are already available on the forum.

Considering the inflation and the low oil led price hike across some essential expenses, you might perhaps add a marginal 5% or a 10% to the costs quoted prior.

Find my comments against your queries below :

Are public taxis(shared) available in muscat? - Yes. Now even a metered taxi service has been introduced.
Requirement for spouse visa? - Complete and comprehensive details are already available in the forum.
Room rent(cheapest) near The Wave. - Seeb Town and South November 18th Street could be closer by neighbourhoods. Monthly rent for a single room (in a shared arrangement) there could vary anywhere between R.O. 80/- up to R.O.150/- depending on the additions and deletions of the available room.
Mode of transportation to and fro the wave.- Yellow taxis mostly.