Visa application

Hello

Can anyone help.  I'm looking to complete my visa application myself instead of paying for someone to do this for me.

Does anyone have any tips and advice on this who have been through this process themselves

Hi AHB,

Check out the link below to a previous post with a similar question that I gave my comments. However, it was in regards to applying for the permanent resident (PR) visa. If you are applying on your own, make sure you check out immi.gov.au if you haven't already visited this website. It's the official website of the Australian Immigration and lists all the visas that are available to apply for. 

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=64580

Applying for any of the visas is not hard. It's just a lot of work and trying to get all the information together that is required.  If by chance you are applying for a PR visa, there is a requirement to get your skills and work experience assessed by the qualifying organization of the field you have your skill from.. example - nursing, doctor, engineer,etc. before you even apply for this visa. When the assessment is complete, you should receive a letter indicating your skills/work experience is recognized in Australia and has a reference number that you will need to document on your visa application. I might be repeating myself again from my previous post of the link above.

Hello

Thanks for the advice.

I'm almost relieved that it will take a while to sort out - gives me chance to save even more money to pay for the necessary assessments etc.

I'm also taking my two cats - and I think that is quite time consuming (and costly) as well

Many thanks

Anne