Visa Stamp without leaving the country?

My wife and I are currently staying in Vietnam on a 5 year visa exemption.  Our current stretch is coming up for a stamp renewal in August.  We are trying to find out if we can get our visa stamped without leaving the country.

Sugarcrisp wrote:

My wife and I are currently staying in Vietnam on a 5 year visa exemption.  Our current stretch is coming up for a stamp renewal in August.  We are trying to find out if we can get our visa stamped without leaving the country.

Are you renew 5 year or just need stamp 06 month more
If stamp you can leave to Cambodia border ( if in Sai Gon) and just paid for Cambodia Visa and your return bus ticket and some fee about 20$ -30$
If go to some agency for stamp without leaving is more expensive over 130$ last time I have to know

Just looking to renew our stamps.  We are located in Nha Trang.  The cost of travelling to Ho Chi Minh and then to Cambodia may cost as much as using an agent.  Thanks for the help.

Get your wife to go to the local immigration and get the 3 month stamp, no need to leave VN.

Sugarcrisp wrote:

Just looking to renew our stamps.  We are located in Nha Trang.  The cost of travelling to Ho Chi Minh and then to Cambodia may cost as much as using an agent.  Thanks for the help.

I thinks face for 06 months more is 130$ pls can stamp in Sai Gon city

jimmytravel wrote:
Sugarcrisp wrote:

If you are registered with the ward police, get the necessary paperwork and go to immigration, cost 10-20 usd.

colinoscapee wrote:
jimmytravel wrote:
Sugarcrisp wrote:

If you are registered with the ward police, get the necessary paperwork and go to immigration, cost 10-20 usd.

Sorry I mean that fee at travel agency , not at Immigration pls

I believe we are registered with the ward police via our property manager (will verify).  What paperwork do we require?

Sugarcrisp wrote:

I believe we are registered with the ward police via our property manager (will verify).  What paperwork do we require?

I cut and paste this from the VEC thread, get whoever the sponsor is to check it.

- Establish a file with your nearest police station 
- Make a photocopy of your passport and the visa (or VEC) in it, for use the week the passport is with Immigration.
- Just before the 90 day period, complete the required renewal form, take it to the police station for their signature.
- Take your passport,  the form, and the police file, to Immigration.and leave the documents there.   
- Immigration will give a paper designating a date to pickup the documents. (7 days)
- Pick up your passport with a new stamp, and the file, and take them back to the local police to update the file.
With your letter a surrogate can submit & collect your documents at Immigration and the Police.

- Repeat every 90 days.

MAU NA5

http://www.xuatnhapcanh.com.vn/c31t600- … -ngoai.htm

Hi There

We are looking to extend our 3 month visa in October.

These are standard single-entry 3 month tourist visas.

Are you sure that one doesn't have to exit the country to extend the visas ?

Thanks
Malcolm

Loftii wrote:

These are standard single-entry 3 month tourist visas.

OP and others are talking about VEC, not tourist visa.

IMO, you better exit Vietnam and get a new VoA for 3 more months rather than trying to extend your tourist visa through local travel agents.

I don't say it's impossible but you might get ripped off by these agents in the name of "extension".
You can't do it on your own, you'll have to go through an agent.