Marry and come to France

I am a Mauritian employed on a scientific-chercheur VISA in France. I will be getting married soon to my fiancee who is an Indonesian.  I'm still deciding where to be legally married based on where the procedures are simplest. I know that Mauritius it is straight forward while in Indonesia it is really complex. I would really want to be legally married in Mauritius but I have a question.

If I marry my fiancee in Mauritius, once married, it might take time before she gets the Mauritian nationality as it depends on the PM office. She will get residence in the meanwhile. For her to come to France with me, can she make her French VISA application for "regroupement familiale" from Mauritius itself or does she has to go to Indonesia to do this ?

t

Hello.
I don't know if this will help. I am Indonesian married to a french national. We got married here in France, and after the wedding (before my schengen visa expired) i need to exit the country and go back to Indonesia and apply directly for the 'regroupement familial' visa from the Ambassade de France in Jakarta, to be able to stay in France. I don't know how is the connection between Mauritius and France about this, but since you were asking about french visa, this is my experience..
Good luck.

Gabrielle

thanks for the reply, can I know how long did it take for you to get your VISA so that you could join your partner ?

I am American and got married in Paris within the 3 mos visa stay for France.  Now I am applying directly at the prefecture for the long stay visa and Carte Se Jour. A lot of paper work but simple. Good luck !

Hello again..
As soon as i arrived back in Indonesia, i applied directly at the Ambassade in Jakarta, in less than 1 month they issued my long stay visa (regroupement familial) valid for 1 year..

Cheers,

Gabrielle

I live in Kenya my husband is France but our marriage took place in Kenya I applied a visa till now reply

Hi Olive,
Can you please tell me what are the papers to submit for the carte de sejour.

I am married to an irish national and I think it's the same procedure as yours to stay more than 3 months as we want to move to France.

Could you list me the documents?

Thanks
Hunibud