Concentration of Expats

For those who have been there for a while... where/ what area would you say is the largest concentration of expats living in PR?

Thank you!

Rincon is gringo-central. Aside from that, you'll find expats all over the island. I've even met a few in the mountains of Utuado.

Rincon attracts a lot of tourists, but in terms of those living on the island rather than merely visiting, Condado might be your spot.  Of course, don't forget Palmas!

Rincon, hands down! Then Condado and Ocean Park. There are tons of non-natives (especially in Rincon). For those that may have a difficult time adapting to the culture or want to be around more "gringos" may be much more comfortable in these areas.

Theres a big group on Culebra

Dorado has a good number of them, usually more affluent ones with the exception of Condado.

Palmas Del Mar in Humacao also has quite a few!

Lets not forget Fajardo

We are going to stay at the Marriott in Condado (near my husband's meeting) and are looking for recommendations for hotel recommendations for Rincon... so we can see another part of the island.

Aharkness wrote:

We are going to stay at the Marriott in Condado (near my husband's meeting) and are looking for recommendations for hotel recommendations for Rincon... so we can see another part of the island.

whoops... scratch that.... I misunderstood my hubby.

Looking for hotel recommendations in Palmas del Mar... maybe Fajardo.

Aharkness wrote:
Aharkness wrote:

whoops... scratch that.... I misunderstood my hubby.

Looking for hotel recommendations in Palmas del Mar... maybe Fajardo.

Palmas has a hotel inside, I think it is the Palmas Del Mar hotel but not sure of the name, I stayed there once. You will be inside Palmas. Get with Frockrock, she lives in Palmas and can show you the place, PM her.

Fajardo Inn, in Fajardo  is another fairly inexpensive hotel

You should consider stay at Airbnb places anywhere you go in the island or homeaway.

The main hotel in Palmas is a Wyndham, we stayed there a couple times while house hunting and it's alright but I don't love it. It's incredibly loud when they have live music or karaoke in the lobby.   :)   We like the newer Plaza Suites hotel in Palmas better actually, they have mini kitchens too!

Donna, I have not stayed at the Suite hotel there, maybe I will check it the next time I stop by. Thanks for telling me, I was not aware it existed.

ReyP wrote:

Donna, I have not stayed at the Suite hotel there, maybe I will check it the next time I stop by. Thanks for telling me, I was not aware it existed.

Rey,
The Plaza Suites hotel is converted condos but very nicely done and they had everything we needed...clean, good AC, nice pool, parking, close to restaurants.  They offered us drinks at checkin :D.  It was also cheaper than the Wyndham at the time. 

You should check it out next time!

Donna

It all depends your social life status & environment.  With my experience in this department I could say that Dorado and condado is hot now. Due to Act 20 & 22, alot of Entrepreneur are relocating and moving to Dorado Beach East or there surrounding areas, is quite but close to beaches, restaurants, supermarkets etc.

It really all depends you're lifestyle and preference.  Living in Condado is like living in Manhattan, you're right there in the heart and close to everything on the calmer side Dorado.

We also have Rincón,  Fajardo & Humacao Hope this helps!!