English Teaching

Hi all Expats ,

any suggestions on entry level requirements  qualifications i would require to teach basic English say in Danang ? HCMC . I could take the course in Melbourne .

I am prepping for a permanent  move to Vietnam from Australia . Also Visa renewal . Is thsi a complex isssue every three months untill i could arrange a more permanent status .

Any assistance would be appreciated (Bonza !) Thank you

Stephen

Do a Tesol or Tefl course that has the classroom component, don't do the online course, just my opinion. Get yourself a 1 year business visa that is offered by many agents here for around 400-500 usd. That will give you time to get a feel for the country, in saying that it could change between now and when you apply.

You also need a 4 year college degree (to teach legally).

Good on you  Colin ,

thats another piece of good advice .

Regards

Thanks for passing on your view on the legality ?. I didn't realize it was illegal to teach English in exchange for being taught Vietnamese in any country . Having a high command of the Queens English language and grammatical skills , doesn't  ensure that one is skilled to pass forward  the required  Knowledge in language . So, i assume  a little training in a course could only assist .

I answered one of your questions...

any suggestions on entry level requirements  qualifications i would require to teach basic English

You said nothing in your original post about "language exchange". Are you trying to fool me or yourself?

And the advice stands, You also need a 4 year college degree (to teach legally), work permit, etc.

Paton296409 wrote:

Thanks for passing on your view on the legality ?. I didn't realize it was illegal to teach English in exchange for being taught Vietnamese in any country . Having a high command of the Queens English language and grammatical skills , doesn't  ensure that one is skilled to pass forward  the required  Knowledge in language . So, i assume  a little training in a course could only assist .

Sorry to be horrible ....

English is a complex language that requires a high level of skill to teach properly, something I don't have so I don't try to teach it.
Sadly for you, my limited skills can see the howling errors in your grammar so I would suggest you'll be pretty crap at teaching.

Now, being a helpful chap .....
The spoken form of the language is very different and doesn't require most of the grammar skills you don't have so that might be a possibility to consider.

Tou·ché Zepo ,

my ,my.
How clever you must be at trolling these sites with your insecurities . I sense  you've been bitten way too many times and still stinging with revenge and cynicism .

Thanks for the encouragement. I have obviously  mistaken this forum as a source of bonafide and genuine intent .

From your dearest advocate .

Tou·ché Fred .
obviously  an acquaintance of Zepo and likely to be  tarred with the same brush .

my ,my again .

How clever you too  must be at trolling these sites with your insecurities . I sense  you've been bitten far  too many times and recoiled ready to strike  with smugness  and cynicism .

Thanks for the encouragement. I have obviously  mistaken this forum as a source of bonafide and good  intent .

From your dearest advocate .

The forum is generally a very good source of information, but it can also be truthful in ways some dislike.
Harsh as it seems, it's still true.

The OP doesn't mention language exchange at all so the answers given are valid up to the point you mentioned swaps.
Informal language exchange isn't work and doesn't require all the stuff legal work does, that including a command of the English language at a level required for a formal teaching.

Paton296409 wrote:

Tou·ché Fred ..

You might well dislike what you read regarding your English language skills but the comments are still true and sound advice as you mentioned your wish to teach English.
Your abilities as far as grammar, spelling and even getting the right words in your sentences are terrible at best, that meaning it's impossible for you to teach at any level save very basic stuff for low level learners.
You'd might be fine with starter level but pretty much a disaster at anything much higher.

As I suggested, teaching oral skills is a different kettle of fish so there could be a potential for work there.

I know you dislike my comments but they remain accurate.
My advice is simple enough - Build up your English language skills or forget teaching.

I have always had trouble with my Syntax . I agree with you but no problems with my  E I  nor my sense of humor . Being too serious is definitely a liability Fred .

Syntax can be taught correctly . Hey , nice chatting, i have to get on with my fantastic life .

Regards Fred .  .

First time I've been accused of being too serious.

Fred wrote:

Bear it bravely, Fred!

Ciambella wrote:
Fred wrote:

Bear it bravely, Fred!

I will try but I've been crying so much I'm not as handsome as usual.