Recognition of foreign qualifications in Switzerland

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Switzerland? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Switzerland or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Most qualifications are recognised, except the things that most countries require to be local - Law and Medicine (are not).

In some cases you may require a translation, but generally you will be going for an English speaking job, so that should not be a problem.

Mine were recognized because I graduated in an EU country. I know many people, where their qualifications were not recognized in the local offices, because they were coming from outside EU. In Switzerland there is a huge protectionism of local jobs. Exception are International companies.

Not sure you can blame any country from protecting local jobs, and Switzerland has one of the highest immigrations (especially of skilled labor) in the EU

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics … nts%29.png

I am not blaming Roger, I am just telling the way things are. If you consider that Switzerland has 11M habitants and it's surrounded by France, Germany and Italy, which are much bigger countries and speak one of the official languages, Switzerland needs to find a way to prioritize the best jobs for their own natives.

Switzerland has the best politicians in the world and the best direct democracy, that drives the country to prosperity and quality of living.

Why does Switzerland has a high rate of emigrants, because of this prosperity and because is not providing incentives for women with children to go to work.