Most economical flights to Vietnam from the U.K.?

Hi new to this forum and Vietnam, wanting to travel from the U.K. for a three month trip from mid August for three or more months, can anyone suggest best and cheapest routes and airlines please?
Based in the Midlands, although realise that may not be the most economical place to travel from.
Looking to go to Da Nang.
Many thanks in anticipation.
John

There are all kinds of deals, which depend on the month of travel, time of the month, day of the week, time of day, special offers and yadda yadda yadda. Have a look online at some of the air travel websites. In terms of quality,  Cathay are pretty good. Thai are fine. I don't know if Vn air fly to UK but I have travelled Vn air to Honkers and Singers and they were fine.

Get your self to Frankfurt Airport and get the VN airlines direct flight to Saigon...well priced compared to other airlines and they also have premier economy ( bigger seats) (Between Business class and economy)  if you want to stretch your legs out.

Its a nice flight with an ETA in Saigon of 07.30...  :top:

CheapoAir had some good deals but they cut access to SEA for some reason. (you could still use a non SEA VPN tho)

Have travelled here from the Uk for nearly 10 years initially with Etihad and Qatar Airways but soon changed to Emirates.I always find them the cheapest,the service on board and seating is good,you can fly from Manchester or Birmingham and the flight connection time in Dubai is short.....if you choose the correct flight...some airlines offer good prices but when you look at the full travelling time which can in some instances be over 25 hours for me it's a no no. Flight time from Heathrow to Saigon last time I came out was about 17 hours...cost about £500
You can,if you wish have a stopover in Dubai,it's worth a look around and  when I  chose to do that it cost an extra £18 with Emirates
If yo wish to look around for others try "flightsidealo".....get the price and airline from the website then go to your named airline website to look at the price there....it can be different.IF you choose to book thru " flightsidealo" and you wish to prebook your specific seat you will need to phone them for your airline booking reference number...not the" flightsidealo "booking number...if you book directly on an airline site you will have the airline booking reference on your booking to choose a seat...some airlines only allow seat prebooking a very short time before your flight...Emirates offer seat prebooking at the time you book your flight.

Air China £425 , change at  Cairo , then on to China for a reful , then on to Saigon .  Emirates  is my preferred airline , about another £100 extra ,

My thanks to everyone that was kind enough to respond, much obliged.
John.

Hi I live in DY6 West Midlands and travel regularly to Vietnam over the last 8 years the cheapest flights i have ever found have been from Heathrow also VN airlines do a direct flight from there no changing.
I always fly from Birmingham now with Emirates on the new A380 so a little bonus,  changing at Dubai but this can be a little expensive if you are on a budget, remember where ever you fly from take the cost of travelling to the airport into account  also the return trip.
Getting  to Da Nang  is easy Bus/ train/ Fly/ or just ride there on your Motor Bike            Da Nang  can be Expensive  so think of staying out side somewhere and travelling in lots of beautiful  places around there ...also try Dalat nice cool no expensive and a nice change form the Normal Vn (( Vietnam's lake District,, i am buying a house there soon ) )

PS: if you want someone to guide you around let me know will have word with my Wife she is in HCM  at the moment ..

Emirates will be flying to Phom Penh from July (Cambodia)

eodmatt wrote:

There are all kinds of deals, which depend on the month of travel, time of the month, day of the week, time of day, special offers and yadda yadda yadda. Have a look online at some of the air travel websites. In terms of quality,  Cathay are pretty good. Thai are fine. I don't know if Vn air fly to UK but I have travelled Vn air to Honkers and Singers and they were fine.

Honkers and Singers  :D

Thank you for your help and advice, I travel very much, but never before to Vietnam via the U.K.  Thats why I posted.
Many thanks.
John

Air Asia, Vietnam Airlines...

Cheaper ones are Vietjet (but they are famous of delay flights), Jet Star (I heard their services are terrible)

Gobot's got it - fly to Singapore ,Bangkok or KL which are competitive routes,then connecting flight to Danang or HCMC. Many airlines fly these short routes at ridiculously low prices- jetstar, scoot, vietjet, AirAsia. Check websites for special deals

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply.
John.

I will be going to Ho Chi Minh City on Saturday direct from Heathrow for only £410.
I purchased the ticket in January 2017.
This is on a Vietnam Airlines 787.
I have a further 3 trips planed all at the same price.
I used Skyscanner as my search engine

Thank you for that info.   

Have a good trip
John.

We find Hk express is the best for us and the cheapest that's from Hong Kong . Im from Northern Ireland  so id imagine you probably get better deals than Northern Ireland being in the Midlands.

Thank you.
John