Traveling to The Philippines with less than 6 months passport validity

Good day, hello expat!

I just want to ask becauce I am very worried.

I am having my vacation on December 2017 back to Manila, my passport will expire on March 2018.

Is there any problem with this passport validity in Saudi Immigration? Or even in the Philippines Immigration? Thank you so much.

I see no problem as you are travelling to our home country. Will you be back before your passport expires?

Hi Gerald, I've asked my colleague regarding your concern and she said you will have a problem when you come back.

To be safe, renew your passport at our embassy here. It will only take 1 to 2 months I guess.

I am more confuse now, ahaha the 1st comment i will be having a problem. But where? Going back in saudi arabia after my vacation? Or traveling back to the philippines to have my vacation with my passport that will expire on march 2018?

Sorry for the confusion. She said you will have a problem when you come back to Saudi Arabia unless you can get an extension from DFA Philippines which is not so reassuring.

Like I said, better renew your passport here at the Philippine Embassy before you travel to the Philippines.

Clear now?😀

Thank you so much for this info.. however I'm still looking for other option because i am living in Khobar KSA, i have to go to riyadh to renew it.. aside from expensive renewal it is also hassle.

Since you've said that i will be having a problem in this matter, but only when i go back after my vacation right? What if I renewed my passport in the Philippines during my vacation?

You can also do that (renew from Ph) and make it urgent. When you come back, present your old and new passport.

same here bro..since i am living in dammam they advice me to come to jubail this friday or saturday (9 - 12am at golden tulip ) jubail to stamp my passport for exemption of my passport because my passport also will expired this march 2018 and my vacation will be on dec 2017.then renew it when i come to our country.

I have a similar problem. Am supposd to leave for vacation on dec 28. My passport is due for renewal in June 2018. Can i renew my passport in manila and return to saudi? Please help as the first avsilable date is jan already.. thank you so much.

Good day!!! I think you still have a lot of time to renew your passport in the PH if you are sure about your vacation date.. just make sure that you have set an appointment in DFA before leaving the Saudi.. if you still have a plan going back in Saudi.. or even entering other country because i believe that most of them require at least 6 to 1 year of passport validity when entering their country..to better assist you try to call our Consul in Riyadh to this number 011 4823816. You can also reach them @ [email protected]
I got this INFO in their official web..

Many thanks. Will do call the consular in riyadh.

You can and in case you fail to renew whille on vacation, you can ask for an extension from DFA.

But as what Gerald said, get an appointment while you're still here and renew when you get to Manila.

Good day...i have same problem...my passport will expire dec 10, 2017 and my flight date is on monday but for exit...will i encounter any problem in immigration? Pls i need answer..

Joybayoc wrote:

Good day...i have same problem...my passport will expire dec 10, 2017 and my flight date is on monday but for exit...will i encounter any problem in immigration? Pls i need answer..

You're going home for good so you will have no problem even if your passport is only valid for one day🙂

My problem is that my ticket is not direct flight..stop over in abu Dhabi..will they check my passport upon arrival in abu dhabi?thank u for the reply mam

Man or sir.. pls help my passport valid till july 12  2018  I go home to Philippines on first week of march 2018   pls I need information if there is no problem in dammam immigration.. pls need help

Ma'am it's mean I can go home to Philippines my passport valid till july 12 2018  my schedule to go home on first week of march 2018.. pls need reply😇

Joybayoc wrote:

My problem is that my ticket is not direct flight..stop over in abu Dhabi..will they check my passport upon arrival in abu dhabi?thank u for the reply mam

I don't think it will be a problem, it's just a stop-over, you will not enter Abu-Dhabi, you will just go and find the gate for your connecting flight.

Make sure you check your gate number and always watch the screen as sometimes it changes gates.

Yes it's ok and if you want to renew your passport while you are here, you have all the time🙂.

Ma'am it's mean I can go home to Philippines my passport valid till july 12 2018  my schedule to go home on first week of march 2018.. pls need reply😇

Same situation , i want to ask also coz i will go home april 2018 for good and my passport will expire july 2018

pls help..my passport validity is on july 4 2018 and i have my vacation schedule on march 15 and also i have stop over...i will renew my passport in phil..i can travel without hassle? pls.reply..thanks

Yes you can but I adivise that you must book for an appointment online before you leave so you are sure you have a slot.

Anyhow, OFWs are prioritized just in case.

Hi Gerald,
In the first place saudi passports will give you exit reentry validity only till before passport expiry date.
Entering his country of citizenship within passport validity is a legal right. Leaving again Phil with few days validity is immigration discretion there. So better have it extended prior to travel.

yes i have my appointment already it will be on march 20..thanks for your advise it helps me a lot..

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,bro can ask how was your experience having a issue on your passport validity? That my problem too now.

You're welcome @jheng🌹

Anyone here experiencing the same issue above..can you share how was your experience? I have the same problem..thank you in advance!

Same problem here. I want to renew my passport here in khobar but the appointment system is always close. It says 5 days before the said schedule and then the appointment will open for the slots. Pero ilang months na ako nag hihintay mag open Dharan wala parin schedule. So unfair. D rin nag rereply sa email ko sa embassy.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I need help / advice from u guyz bout my passport. My passport will expire by dec 23 2018 and i am going home for good on the first week of dec. Will i encounter any problem in the immigration coz of my near expiry passport. I heard so many rumor from my work place that i need to renew it and orhers no need. Ive been contacting the dfa Philippines but no response from them . Anyone knows regarding this matter or any site u know that i can read bout this issue that can help me. Thanks eid mubarak everyone!!!!

Thanks a lot to all of you. It really helps me with a lot of issues. Some issues here are related to my problem. The same thing, I will be planning for the final exit this coming  June 30, 2018, and my passport will expire on July 24, 2018. I think my concern is already answered.

Hi id like to ask if what happened to this thread. Cause im having the same problem. I will hve my vacation on dec 2018 and my passport will expire on may 2019 will the immigration of saudi allow me to travel to philippines? Please need your response thanks

Hi. May I just ask for your advise. My passport will expire on may 2019 and i already renewed my passport 2 weeks ago in Philippine consulate and I am about to have my vacation. I am afraid that my passport will not be release before I go.Is passport extension still allowed in saudi arabia? Or is there any other option for my case? Please I do need your advise. Thank you!

Hi Gerald,

As far as I know the passport should be valid for 6 months before entering our home country..

@clanhel,

Try to call our embassy, usually it take maximum of 2 months before they release the passports.

Good am I just want to ask f it's okay to go to the Philippines the end of this month? My passport will expire August 2019 I will just stay in the Philippines for two weeks please I need an answer.. Thank you

Lindadeguzman wrote:

Good am I just want to ask f it's okay to go to the Philippines the end of this month? My passport will expire August 2019 I will just stay in the Philippines for two weeks please I need an answer.. Thank you

I am assuming you are a filipina. If so then YES. you can travel back to the philippines with no issues. It's your home country, the 6 months rule does not apply on you here. You can also travel back to KSA. with no issues of the 6 months rule, provided you already have a residency permit.

Thank you for the information...