Mauritian Citizen - Married to a SA Male? Permit/jobs?

Hi All.....

Looking for some friendly advise!

My husband, myself and 3 children aged (19, 17 & 14) all currently LIVE in South Africa. As my father was born in Mauritius, I obtained my Mauritian citizenship last year. My husband and I got MARRIED in Mauritius over 20 years ago (hopefully this will help) in any way with any sort of application/paper work?

Question:

1. Would my husband only be able to apply for jobs there (only if he has a working visa) or would he only be able to do this once he is a permanent resident there and what is the period for this? Or would he automatically qualify for "citizenship" as he is married to me?

3. Would  my 2 younger children (17 & 14) also get "permanent residence" automatically as they are under the age of 18? or what would their category fall under?

4. Not sure how my 19 year old son would come with us? He is a student - so don't know what his options would be?

the spouse of a mauritian citizen may work in Mauritius without a work permit.

Thank you for your reply!! Much appreciated!

Further to my previous reply here is part of the act in reply to your query.

http://attorneygeneral.govmu.org/Englis … 201970.pdf

This act confirms that your husband and children can all be resident in Mauritius. Your older son can be in Mauritius as a dependent until he is 24.

copy the above link to your browser and look at clause 5.

Your husband and children can apply for citizenship after 5 years.

Try http://www.diaspora.mu/
Brgds
B.

Hi,

Being married to a Mauritian citizen, your husband is automatically granted a 'spouse permit' and he can work here without regulatory constraints.

Your children can live with you as dependents till they reach the age of 24.

Your husband can apply for Mauritian citizenship after at least 4 years living under the same conjugal roof as per the Mauritius Citizenship Act of 1968.

Your children can apply for Mauritian citizenship after 5 years living in Mauritius as Commonwealth citizens so they wish.

Thanks so much for your reply! We also got married in Mauritius - so maybe that will also be beneficial!!

Hi I'm a Mauritian citizen as well as an Australian citizen. I live in Australia but I travel to Mauritius often. My husband is an Indian resident and Australian resident too. What are the procedure for him to obtain permanent residency in Mauritius.