Starting a tourism business in northern Sweden

Hi all! I am looking for some input from you all. We're planning to relocate from The Netherlands to Sweden soon to start a small eco tourism business (i.e. hostel / B&B) with accommodation and some additional things like organising tours etc.
We're looking at a property close to Älsvsbyn right now, about 15km south from that. As this property is slightly further south of the town and therefore not on the main road (94), we're wondering what your experience / thoughts are in regards to tourists coming through this way? For a small hostel to work, we obviously need to make sure people will find us. While we have strong creative and marketing backgrounds and feel confident to be able to be "put on the map", I would like to know realistically if this is a crazy idea? I see that Lapland has a lot to offer, summer and winter and can see it as a promising location. The long dark winters we're aware of, however we see this as a chance and adventure also and are not scared of by it (we almost went to Iceland to live, so this is probably not much different ;)) ... do you know the area? Can you share with us your thoughts, ideas, feedback? I'm happy to provide further info. Thanks and looking forward to everyone's replies! Nicki  :cheers:

Oh - and if anybody lives close to this area and would be open to having a more detailed conversation, we'd be very very happy to! Please note that we're having to move quite fast on this, as we already found a property we'd like to buy.

We lived in V Norrland in a small skogsbyn. We always thought there was enormous untapped potential in the region but just never got ourselves organised though we had an extra cottage on our land and access to many more in the region. Good luck/lycka till!

hi NL people !

I was just researching on history of various areas regarding buildings etc. to find more about SE culture and business etc.

I cam accross a special book you can find in most libraries, and it is about housing/ buildings and they list their past usage history. Ie. in 2000 that building was used as a hostel.

Maybe it might be of any usage to you. It is difficult to get your hands on such areas, but i was lucky to find out.

I share the wealth !

B&B etc. i believe is fantastic and should work. I dont know about your area. Generally, i see Swedish like horse riding activities/ farm, so if you have some extra land for such purpose would be benefit i presume.

Lapland has indeed a lot to offer. I believe is a hidden gem in SE.
In winter there are snow related activities i.e using sleds with huskies etc. from a recent
contact i have had with a businessman in my job seeking quest

regards
B

hi yeractual !

Your location seems a real paradise, judging from your photos !
Definitely a birdwatching / nature reserve place. Very scenic !

Hi Seitsme - could you share with us the name of the book you found? Sounds very interesting! Thanks

Hm... I think is called fordjupan oversiktsplan (FOP).
this is how i have seen it.
if you ask at a kommun (local city hall) they will know what this is about i think...

I am not sure though if all areas have this book, or their municipalities.
i.e. if area A belongs to stockholm municipality, then you should ask stockholm for this book ?

I hope i helped a bit.
Let me know if was useful and what youo have been told by them for education...