Divorce , Property and Title Deeds

HI,

I am planning to divorce my Egyptian husband of four years.  While we have been married he has bought and developed two pieces of land in Egypt.  The land is in his name alone, however, I helped financially with the purchases.  It seems that if I divorce in Egypt I have no rights to either of these properties, consequently, I will divorce in Scotland  ....but the lawyer fees are astronomical for an international divorce.

She has recommended that I can keep costs down by obtaining the title deeds for the properties in advance.  If he denies he owns them once the divorce has started, it would drive up legal costs  obtaining them once the divorce has started and then proving to the court that he owns them, but if I have the title deeds in advance, I can submit that initially and if he does not declare them, or denies them then he is in legal hot water.  I am a bit worried about asking him for the deeds, as he knows I am planning to divorce him (he does not want a divorce), and I think if he realised that his property may be part of the divorce settlement then he may quickly divorce me under Egyptian law before I can divorce him.

How can I get a copy of the title deeds of these properties?

You can get them if they are registered
There is so many ways to have a copy of them

bolbol102 wrote:

You can get them if they are registered
There is so many ways to have a copy of them

They are definitely legally registered.

I know that I can get a copy of them, but I dont know how to get a copy of them.

Can anyone advise?

Sure to send you how to contact pm me it is not allowed to put phone number here