How to find cheap condo

Hello,

I like to move on 1 year to the Philippines. I like to survive per $600/month.

So, how to find cheapest condo/studio. I need toilet+shower, fridge and little cooker on the room, maybe AC. Is possible find somethink for 6000PHP/month (furnished)? And how long it takes to find condo, because I dont like to stay in hotel for a long time.

Another question is about bills. How much can I pay, if I will live alone, eating out, maybe AC sometimes and notebook 12h/day.

Last question is abou internet connection. If I live in rental, can I get internet conneciton to this address, if there is no one? Providers are OK with this? Or is it a problem and I need to ask man who is condo renting to get internet there?

Thank you very much.

You did not specify where but let us assume Metro Manila perhaps; For renting you may want to look at some site like www.lamudi.com.ph or https://rentpad.com.ph/.  To find something furnished for Php6,000.00 / month may prove to be a challenge.  It took us about two weeks to find the place we are staying in now (Mandaluyong at ~ Php25,000.00 ff).  It is near Boni MRT station.  It much depends where your work is going to be (if that is what you are planning). If it is one year holiday, I assume you well know your way around the visa issues etc?! Be aware because that is one expense you need to calculate (visa run).

Running an AC could set you back as much as Php2,000.00 or more.  We hardly use it, especially now that the rainy season will come when it tends to be a little cooler. We use a fan and are ok with it.

Be aware with water - for drinking most people buy (us included).  That cost you P30-35.00 per 5 gallon / 19 litre. You may need, depending on how many people, 1-2 per week surely. The water here is not considered safe for drinking almost anywhere.

Electricity is expensive at US$0.19 / kWh. So, that bill can be quite high if you are not careful. So, no point in wasting any by keeping chargers plugged in (I come from Hong Kong where electricity costs only half, hence nobody much cares (unfortunately)).

The Internet we found best value is Sky: http://www.mysky.com.ph/onesky at Php 1,600.00 for unlimited 3Mbps (advertised is 'up to' 8Mbps but I am not sure about it). But that is a two year plan. You may want to simply get a Pocket Wifi (3G or 4G/LTE depending what your needs are). Offers are from Globe and PLDT and they are considered equally good/bad and it seems sometimes (especially on pre-paid) one gets cheated by data charges.

Instead of hotel, try Airbnb (which will cost of course) or, if you are indeed on a budget:  https://www.couchsurfing.com/places/asi … nes/manila

It all much depends on your requirements and needs, I suppose.

Thank you for advice.

" I assume you well know your way around the visa issues etc?!"
Are here any other issues with visa like in Thailand? Bacuse I found about visa to Philippines that cost 81€ per year and after year I must leave the country to home country.

About area where I am finding condo. I just need safe area, where will be some street food, maybe market with fruit.

I like to live in Philippines because I am working from home, so I need only notebook, but sea air can help with my health.

With visa it is pretty much the same I would say. Cost I am not certain but ask Google may help? I am on 13a visa because of marriage which is different all together.  Working from home; Great, would love to. I work in a BPO because of language skills (in my case German).

$600 a month.  That is living like a filipino probably not a lot of fun.