The best things to discover in Malaysia

Hello everyone,

What have you discovered in Malaysia that you would recommend to other expats?

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Malaysian dishes that you would recommend?

What are some of the best activities in Malaysia?

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Thank u...

Malaysia is good place for me...

Salam..
As i visited Malaysia and when saw it KLI airport i said wow......beautiful and very neat and clean airport. Very decipline on roads even in traffic yes i liked many areas like lankaview, masoori grave, batu cave, penang, genting highland and yes offcoures KL twin tower. And mostly i like they give preffrence to its local community and government give its people every chance for success and all life needs available on lease like vehicle and houses. Best thing is its peace and happy atmosphere.

It's been 12 days since I am in KL and it seems to be an amazingly entertaining city. Though it's the Ramadhan month, unlike any of the Middle East countries, this place won't let you down. Lot of tourists coming in and things are up as normal.
KL central, twin towers, Bukit Bintang are the most entertaining areas. Nightlife is really awesome especially the Bintang food street.
Unfortunately I had my wallet stolen by some cheap fellas( dono who) in a monorail and that, my friends, I would say is
It's a  reasonable place to live in. Lots and lots of eateries, karaoke s , pubs, clubs and so on..
Local transport is cheap with apps like uber or Grab.
The metro rail is the most economic transport that's connects to the most of the famous places.
I was travelling alone all these days and other than pickpocket, I dint find any rude behaviours by gangsters here.
I got still more places to visit !
Will keep updated further.

Hey. If you like bakery then i suggest you to go to levain boulangerie and patisserie. It is a nice place to chill as it has italian and spanish ish interior and aura. But fear not they also serve breakfast and any other foods for lunch and dinner! I recommend you to go there and see for yourself :)

I went to Penang, with my husband in February. We stayed at the Blue Mansion (Cheong Fatt Ze ancestral home)  In George Town and it was magnificent both in terms of beauty of the hotel and service. It is near the waterfront and this is a lovely walk to do in the morning, to Fort Cornwallis.  The old cemetery near the hotel is very interesting and there is an excellent open air restaurant next to it. George Town is wonderful to explore especially the street art, historic buildings, restaurants and shopping. We are going back in September.