How to make friends in Cologne

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Cologne :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Cologne??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi

Actually is a thema that is quite interested to me. I am living in cologne since 6 months.. and finding friends is becomming quite difficult to me. On top of it I did not have too much time to look for them..

Could you give me some tips?

Thanks

Hi,

In Cologne that should not be a problem, join one of the Carnaval clubs around town. That brings you in to the heart of the community and you will find friends in no time.

Of course you can join any other club.

I always use this methode when I am new somewhere and I get integrated in communities which are said to be closed for foreigners.

Like the Irish, where within the year we were fully integrated and after four years can now say that we know so many people , among Ministers, local politicians and lots of other people.

Greetz

Frank

For women who are new in Cologne, I would suggest the Multikulturelle Frauengruppe Koeln, or in English "Multikulti women's group of Cologne". We have just started an English discussion board, in addition to the already existing German one:
http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/Friend … l_Cologne/
We offer weekly meetings in Koeln-Kalk where we do a bit of gym and dancing, then sit down and talk. ( It might also help you improve your German )
Occasionally, we also meet for a picknick, take part in guided tours of the city, go to the movies... etc. and we also already went on a weekend excursion together.
P.S. If you have problems to log in to the a.m. newsletter, just send an email to [email protected] and I will simply add you.

Dear All

How are you doing ,  I am Yohan  from Dusseldorf ,

I like to have friendship with you ....

Please contact me   ,  E-mail  ***

Regards
Yohan

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.