How does one furnish a home in Bulgaria? auctions? garage sales?

Hello,

My name is Shane and I am a vintage/antique nut and was curious to know if you can buy older items of character in Bulgaria and if so how?  I am not looking for fancy old, rare antiques.  I am looking for more of vintage décor or farm-style décor. 

Do they have farm auctions in Bulgaria?  Garage sales?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Shane

Hi Shane,

Not sure where you are based but in VT area I believe they have car boot sales (mainly expats).  There is also a large market near Haskovo - Domitrovgrad which is mainly cars but again there are other car boot type stalls.  Also, have you tried looking on OLX.bg.   Finally you can get the odd 'older stuff' on:  facebook.com/groups/206567859842280/     (again mainly expat stuff)

Hope this helps

Annie

I had to google car boot sales, but yes that's what we would call a flea market.  That's what I'm looking for but non-expat stuff.  So tables, chairs, cabinets and other Bulgarian items.  Any idea if the Bulgarians do car boots?

There are a few online stores. Try googling: мебели втора употреба (furniture second hand). In Varna they have a few second hand furniture stores and in Gabrovo they have 4-5 second hand furniture places with quite a selection--- some of them have AMAZING wood carved pieces.

Hi Shane ,

I have lot of things that you are looking for , send me your mail adress and I will send you pictures .
                                                                               Philippe