Mariage between a French man and American woman

Hi everyone!

We are a couple from France and the us and we are expecting a child for November. We just moved to France, and she is on a tourist visa.

We intend to get married this Summer and we would like to have our child in France.

We're then wondering if anyone went through the all process to have a long stay visa in France once you're on the territory.

As she is on a tourist visa she can't stay more than three month. We would like to know if it is possible for her to ask for residency after we get married ? As we're expecting and want to live here.

I know it's possible to ask for a long term visa as "vie privée et familiale" but only if we're on a long term visa.

We would like to avoid going back to the us to ask for a visa.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Sam

Hello , it's possible to get your long stay visa from here after you are married.  Just marry within the 3 mos of her being here.  Which is what I just did.  Then go to your proper prefecture with your family marriage book and all info that they will need.  They fingerprinted me and on July 5 I go and get my Proper if card and my long stay Visa.
Make sure your US birth certificate is within 6 mos old and you have the Apostille for it!  Have it translated !!!!
There's lots of paperwork involved but nothing difficult!
Good luck

Oops proper ID card not if card!
:-)

Hi!
Thank you so much for your help.
We have all the papers already ! 😊
So, it is possible to ask for the long term visa after getting married, on the tourist visa, without having 6 month of common life in France before ?
I saw it was a requirement to ask for it.
Thanks a lot!
Sam

Yes, I had to prove 6 mos together at my address in paris before!  I did a lot of back and fourth though.  My husband was being treated for cancer so I exited to U.K. And came back in between the 6 mos .  We've been together longer though.  6 mos proof for sure was required with the energy bill.  Sorry I missed that question in your previous post.

Oh, okay, it would be our problem actually. As she is on a tourist visa she can't stay more than 3 month without exiting the country. And we are not on the same bill to make it easier, we're hosted by someone.
But she lived in France last year for an entire year. I don't know if it could help.

Perhaps going to an expat attorney where they might be able to help you get around it.  I would just get married asap and go and get assistance after that since she is pregnant.  There must be a loop hole with this.  Or just marry and stay !  Good luck !!

Expat attorney is about 150€ for an hour but it can be very helpful