Entering Brazil pregnant; is customs suspicious about this?

Hi all,

I am considering giving birth in Brazil for immigration purposes.
Now this seems to be a pretty popular move to make.
I would be entering Brazil over land (coming from Argentina, Uruguay or Bolivia) and will then be 36 weeks pregnant.
Is customs strict or suspicious about pregnant women entering the country?? I have a Dutch pasport.

Thanks for your help in advance!

So far Brazil immigrations has not started being strict about pregnant women entering the country.

Specially considering the fact that you will be receiving a visa on arrival I don't foresee any issues happening.

However some of the Brazilian embassies around the world are now making it compulsory for women to give a blood test prior to processing there visa application in order to ensure that the visa is not given to anyone who has the intent of delivering there baby in Brazil and to take advantage of the Brazilian laws.

Good luck and do keep us posted on what happens.

Many do it. I doubt there will be problems.

Jim

Thank you for your responses! That sounds promising ;)

My wife came to Brazil in week 36 as well ,, we arrived in Rio without any issue

Thanks Bob!

Can you please let us know how everything works out in the end... thank you

simply no issue. whether it is by air or land. what i believe entering by land is much easier then by air because by land specially by Paraguay, no one ask you anything. You can find video on youtube, how people enter in brazil from frindship bridge between Paraguay and Brazil. How easy it is.

Even getting residency is not a big deal. Get your document done from your home country before entering so that you dont find any difficulty apply for  residency in Brazil.

Best of Luck,

[link moderated]! You shouldn't have any problems... the only problems I have ever encountered are with people having their visas denied at the Brazilian embassy in their home country.

I just wanted to get back on this topic, and say that it was indeed no problem at all entering Brazil pregnant. I arrived being almost 36 weeks, arriving in Florianopolis. They did not ask or say anything about my obvious bump :)

Hello
As you mentioned few months ago you was planing to enter brazil for birth purpose..
Can I just know how was it
I'm planing to have a my baby there within weeks
Thank you

Please let me know how it goes with you, because I'm also planning to travel and give birth there. Thank you

Hello people!
Please has anybody travelled down to Brazil in recent time like last year to give birth. Can they share their experience. Especially entering Brazil with obvious big bump.

Janetmichaels wrote:

Hello people!
Please has anybody travelled down to Brazil in recent time like last year to give birth. Can they share their experience. Especially entering Brazil with obvious big bump.

Brazil immigrations has not started being strict about pregnant women entering the country.
so don't stress up~

Thank you.

Brazil Consulates and Embassy will be the issue. There is no visa for child birth and knowing you are with child they will ask as to all financial and living arrangements. Many births require C sections and the is not cheap. Especially for natural births not in hospitals. Therefore the Consulates take all documentation and have the right to deny a visa.
If granted a visa you may have issues entering. You will most likely have to go into "secondary" immigration's and the will review the visa application and all financial and lodging for the first 90 days. (You must have a hotel reservation. Not a friend's home.)
and a return ticket. Visa and immigration are now under separate jurisdiction's.
Brazil is cracking down on places that are not approved by the Minister of Health.

The thing is, during application for a tourist visa there are questions. One of them is the purpose of your visit. To hide someone´s intention of giving birth, they state other purpose and that is fraud.  If caught, that is a ground for visa denial or even deportation
if determined they are gaming the system. Better to tell the truth as long as you have the means to financially support your delivery in Brazil.

They require a lot of documentation for Nigerian citizens from bank acct statements, letter from employer, hotel accomodation, round trip ticket etc.

robal