Employment visa - timeframe

Dear all,

I accepted a job offer from Dammam about a week back.  However they have not asked for my passport copy and documents as yet.

I found some information on some other sites, and understand that the visa process might over 3 months, and the process will entail -

1. Work authorization / approval code to be obtained by the sponsor [1-2 months]
2. Resigning at my current job.
3. Degree attestation and medical to be done in my home country [1 month]
4. Visa approval from KSA [1-2 weeks]
5. Visa stamping at KSA embassy in home country [1-2 weeks]

Is my understanding correct, and also how long it takes to sponsor wife and children? 

I am a bit concerned that am not contacted for documentation and hence the work authorization process process might not have commenced. But perhaps things get slowed down in Ramadan so will follow-up next week.

In Ramadan things usually go in a very slow pace , maybe that is why

Wait till u get the official contract they will also ask u for documents whoch thy required.

amirshk wrote:

Wait till u get the official contract they will also ask u for documents whoch thy required.

They don't have my passport details as yet. Could official contract be made without these details and if this usually take that long, or should I send a reminder. I signed the offer letter on 26 May.

Hi - its definitely too early to worry about this. Initially, they do not require these documents. And these documents are only required when you apply for the visa (i'm assuming they will assign an agent/agency to you in your home country).

The first time when i applied for my work visa, it took me 6 months. But the second time i applied took me only 15 days. So the time frame depends on a number of things.

All the BEST!

Best,
Adnan