New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hi everyone, I'm Joshua ,31 from Singapore. Currently, I am an IT engineer in the power and energy industry. I would like to look for career opportunities in Chiang Mai and stay and work here for the next 20 years to take care of my love one. Kindly drop me a message or PM if such a career opportunities is available.
Many thanks in advance.
Cheers!

Hi been in Thailand little over two months and really enjoy it here.  I want to travel quite a bit and looking to relocate to Pattaya.  Are there any suggestions regarding cost of living and housing by any chance as well as things to do when my favourite time of the day starts (night) :)

I am Russian American with a travel bug.  :)  Planning to stay in Chiang Mai for at least 3 months. Checking out my options for potential early retirement.  Always looking forward to meet new people and make new friends.

Hi Everybody
I'm an Italian national, living in Thailand since 2003. Bangkok first and since 2010 in Phuket. I'm an Executive Chef, living with Thai wife and three daughters in Kamala.
Please feel free to contact me for any enquiry, if I can help, I will be glad to!

Hi all,

Thomas here from Singapore, I am moving over to Bangkok from 24th July onwards.  I am starting a small business in paint coating and protection products and services in Thailand.   Please feel free to contact me if need any further information.

Looking forward very much to staying in Bangkok.

cheers

thomas

Hi All,

I am Gina from NYC. My boyfriend and I are heading to Chiang Mai in October and plan to stay until the money runs out :)

He was approved to work remotely through his job and I do a bunch of different things online, personal training, blog and hope to get involved in Muay Thai or yoga when I arrive.

Look forward to getting help from everyone on the forum.

Gina

Hi I'm RANDEL MIRANDA from Philippines living Thailand almost 2 years and 5 months. I'm hairdresser almost 10 years I can speak thai, Japanese and English   I'm job seeking any body can offer me? Thank you so much

Hello

Goodluck. I thought foreigners are not allowed to do work. Is business any different? If so, can we start a teaching business?

etiennegirard wrote:

Hello

I am a young French-Canadian graduate from New-England Conservatory in Boston for violin performance. I want to travel to Bangkok in July and I am looking for teaching experience or any event where I could do a musical presentation, talk about music, my experience, play pieces and songs, and ultimately provide a cultural experience. I can also give violin lessons and teach french or english. Please let me know if you are interested in learning more about my resume and videos Hope to hear back from you soon

Hi! My name is Ksenia. If you will find such music places, could I ask you to let me know too? :) I am interested in such things

looking to relocate and for employment in IT worked from Architect through to infrastrucure/networking happy to provide mv complete CV and references.

Welcome to thai all
The city smile  town !
Anything can help please let's me know btw i am property agents 😂
Freelance photographer
Nice to meet you all

Mikebkk17 wrote:

Goodluck. I thought foreigners are not allowed to do work. Is business any different? If so, can we start a teaching business?

There are a few jobs that foreigners are allowed to have. The list of allowed professions is available somewhere around here, I am sure you can find it.
Simply put, if a Thai citizen can do the job, then you'll have trouble getting hired.

Hi Thomas,

Wondering if you are looking to hire a Singaporean for your company?

Cheers!

Hello!

Do you happen to know of any company looking to hire a foreigner? I'm from Singapore.

Cheers!

Hi RD:

Thanks for your reply. If you can get that list, I would really appreciate.

Also, I would need help in running the set up. If you are interested we can join our efforts.

Regards,
Mike.

Hi, im Terry , i lived Pattaya for a long time so i may be able to help you . What is your budget and what type of activities do you expect to psrtake in ?

Hello to all!
I am giving serious consideration to retiring to Thailand.  I'm here to learn what I can before taking the plunge.  I am by myself and have a steady pension. 
I know very little so far, so I'm here to learn.  Thanks

bushman travel wrote:

Hi there,
I'm presently doing a Reece of Bangkok, looking to move here sometime in the near future.
Glad I found these forums, such a wealth of information and experiences,
Many thanks,
Bushman

Hey Bushman, how you doing.
I absolutely recommend visiting a place before deciding to move there on a long term basis.
At the very worst, it's an informative vacation.
Please let us know how you like BKK when you are ready.

Hi, I am Cadbury. Thai-Chinese-Filipino and based in Bangkok for 7 years now and travels to Chiangmai quite often. I am an English teacher at night, teaching companies and at Bangkok University. I am also in the flower export industry helping my mom expand the business.  and lastly, i am a PROPERTY MATCHMAKER, I deal with both owners and clients in the residential and commercial property. If you need any of my services, do not hesitate to drop a message :-)

- Cad

Hi all . i will Be in Thailand Soon , and i hope if any 1 advice about the apartment Monthly Rate. and its Great if any 1 like to share the Apartment .
Nothing clear in My Mind But i am open to any suggestion .
i will be Thankful to Hear of any 1 Serious .

Hi . i will Be there soon .. i am looking for the same .. Maybe we can meet . best wishes

:) Hi .. i will Be There soon also .. and i know now 1 .. its Great if we can meet . best wishes

Hi friends,
                  My name is Srijit Nag.I live in India.I am a Administration Officer in a private restaurant also in charge of the managerial functionalities.I want to relocate to Thailand with job prospects so that I can secure my family in the future.
                 Currently I have a annual salary package of Rs.7,00,000.00 per annual.
Kindly do guide me if there any permanent job opportunities out there.I am willing to relocate there with my wife.

Thanks,
Srijit Nag

Hi Everyone.

I am Andrew (55) currently living in the UK 
I would like to move to Bangkok as soon as possible as I have many friends there. Mostly however they are enjoying retirement.

I have somewhere to stay so that is not such a problem.

In my case I would need to work as I am not in such a luxury position as yet.
So if there are any Sales / Marketing positions. I have many skills having worked across many Industry sectors over the years. I have presented products and solutions to CEO's, Boards and Governments of both Middle East and SE Asia.

I would actually like to do some good and work for an NGO if anyone knows of positions available.

Any help would be really appreciated as this would be both a great new challenge and a fresh start and outlook on life.

hi andrew,
                   I am planning to shift to the UK with family.Can you suggest me some job openings there?
Thanks,
Srijit

Hi Srijit

What are your skill sets?

Hi, new here!

I have recently moved here to Phuket and enjoying everything so far.
I am living in Near Koh Kaesong a. Muang. 

We're looking for a driver that can take me on outings now and then for shopping and appointments trips to the beach etc.

My husband uses our car to travel to work and wewant to be able to call someone who is good value to take me out and about as needed during the day.

Any ideas or recommendations around findin such a person and what would be a reasonable price range.

Hi Julien
I'd like to make my first ever post but can't yet see how to do that...
Mmm so now this is my first ever post...lol
Thanks, Donna

Hi everyone. I'm a New Zealander who loves to travel the world. I'm on my way to Thailand (2nd visit) and am looking forward to the culture, the temples, lovely food, new friends and adventures. When I work I'm a gardener and English literacy tutor. Love to travel, walk in nature, read books, do yoga, dance, play music. Asia has always fascinated thus the thought of living long term in Chiang Mai or somewhere smaller.

Hi Donna,
Have just joined expat .com. Wife and l also investigating moving to Thailand. Noticed your interest in gardening as we have a vertical gardening business in perth WA. Also am kiwi from Auckland back in 1970 .  Family now in the Tauranga, Te Puke area. Where are you from?

Hi! I'm a 23 year old South African guy. I completed my Chef Studies and i really want to work in the Hospitality industry, not necessarily as a Chef. I went to Phuket on a family vacation and i fell inlove with everything it had to offer. Finding a job in Thailand is a bit harder than i thought. Any help would be appreciated  (:

Hi Ray n Suz. Nice to hear from you, I grew up in Tauranga, now in Northland but will return to Hawkes Bay after this trip. I live on a big property with lots of hills and native bush. It's  in an eco village and i run things in a permaculture way; old fashioned, smart thinking organics! 3 weeks to go til Thailand :)

Ruant, check job listings. There's something in Chiang Mai.

Hi funky Ann, I'm plaigo be in Bankok in 3 weeks and can meet up if you like
Regards Jack Moon

Hi All,

Nice to part of good network.

I've just arrived in Bangkok a week ago. I'm looking to meet expats to get a better understanding of the city, a.k.a do's and don't. I'm current looking for work too and have put my C.V forward for a few roles. It will be good to get some suggestions on the getting a placement in Bangkok. I work in Business Change/Consultancy and IT Management field.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

On a less serious note, I've come across a couple of good craft beer bars! Good banter and Good beer!

Cheers,
Lionel

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum but have been reading it for several months. I'm from the US and retired from The Dow Chemical Company after 40 years of service. The last 3 years of my employment, I worked an assignment in Saudi Arabia and visited Thailand several times. When my assignment was finished in Jun 2016, I retired and moved to Thailand. I am currently living in Bangkok after having lived in Pattaya for the first 6 months. I have enjoyed my time here and plan to make this my home for the next 3 to 4 years to travel SE Asia & Europe before going back to the other side.  Just wanted to say hello...

I am preparing to retire from the US Armed forces and looking to move to Thailand.  While I have visited numerous times, I really have no idea what it is like living there.  I am actively seeking employment in Bangkok.

Hi Lionel, welcome to Thailand. I'm surprised you come here to look for job. For a start, any company in Thailand hire a foreigner needs to employ 4 Thais before a work permit can be issue to the foreigner. Monthly salary must be 40,000 baht for a work permit to be issued. Personal tax are deducted every month from your salary.

Not many local companies will hire foreigners as cost is high. Public listed companies may hire foreigners which they advertise overseas or via foreign job placement company.

Good paying jobs with great benefits staff are usually recruited from overseas and posted here. They are here for 3-5 years and back to their country or elsewhere.

You may see many foreigners here as some are retired or doing their own business. Many or majority foreigners look for teaching jobs which is super competitive as many Foreigners all over the world eyeing at the same pie.

Don't forget there are Filipinos who can accept a lower salary or less benefits too. Philippines and Thailand are in the ASEAN countries grouping.

As to teaching Chinese, there are many from China and cost is lower too.

I wish you all the best to get a job.

Cheers

Hi! My Husband and I just moved here a month ago- We are retired and left Las Vegas-(it's JUST like Bangkok, lol- NOT)
Love it here, planning on staying several years and seeing all of Southeast Asia. Been many other places and Thailand has always been very special. I would say the transition has been very easy except for a few missteps mostly with our banks back home.

Closed