New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hello everyone, my name is Hoang, just moved to live in Barcelona. I would love to make friends living here

Hi not sure if I'm doing this in the right place.
I have moved home to Hull England after working in Canada for many years .

My plan is to move to Spain in the near future.
I've been looking at Almarie area , mostly based on the weather. I would like to be close to the sea and near a town ,with a cafe culture not to touristy and not to expensive as funds are not great.
Perhaps get a part time job .
I spent most of my life working with children in the social service and education sector.
Before that as a bar manager.
Any help ,information you could give me would be awesome.

Hello,
We are in the process of selling our house in the UK & have bought a little town house near Gandia Valencia. We are semi retired & hope to find some work once in Spain. I have some Spanish - I was fluent as a child but it quickly comes back when I am in Spain. I am interested in chatting with people on the Costa Azahar or inland.

Hi all,

We want to move around the Malaga area of Spain in the next 2 years. I work in Fragrance & Cosmetics. (Selfridges, House of Frazer, Boots, Debenhams in Manchester & Trafford Center. ) I'm hoping to find a job of this type. Thomas is a qualified Chef and worked in many hotels. He now has his own Gardening Business. We want a 2 bed house/villa to let for around 3months later this year. To get a feel of the area and possibly get part time Cafe/Bar job to fill my time & get to know people too while I work.
Open to any advice please.
We also have dog we'll be taking with us.
Thank You.

Hi everyone I'm katie, I'm currently looking to move to spain, i am currently looking for Au-pair or nanny jobs. I was woundering if anyone could give me a job, somewhere to stay or even tell me best place to go to for the job.

Hello everyone someone can help me how can found seasons working in Spain (agricultural) please . Thanks you

Hola a todos!

I've been living in Madrid for the past couple of years but had no time to properly learn the language or make friends.
The time has come !!

If anyone would like to have tea, hot chocolate, wine, a good laugh, walk through Retiro, pet unsuspecting doggies, etc... let me know!

Also, if anyone knows of any free and/or affordable Spanish classes, please let me know! Greatly appreciate it and looking forward to new friendships :)

Meli

Join the Facebook group, Expats in Málaga City.  Very friendly and helpful.

TamaraEssex wrote:

Join the Facebook group, Expats in Málaga City.  Very friendly and helpful.

However , meli013 lives in Madrid. She is looking for contacts in the city.

Thank you, RibeiraSacra :)

Hello,

First time on the site and finding my feet.
I am looking to move to Spain in May and am desperately trying to learn Spanish as I fear without it I have little chance of getting a job.
It's a shame I can't get an English speaking job to start with, but I guess it is difficult?
Can anyone comment on that?

Thank you

meli013 wrote:

Thank you, RibeiraSacra :)

I wish I could help more but 6 hours in the car is a long way away  :|

pgw wrote:

Hello,

First time on the site and finding my feet.
I am looking to move to Spain in May and am desperately trying to learn Spanish as I fear without it I have little chance of getting a job.
It's a shame I can't get an English speaking job to start with, but I guess it is difficult?
Can anyone comment on that?

Thank you

Well it depends on your skills/qualifications.
Gibraltar maybe a place for you. Live in Spain and commute.

Note to everyone: When asking about jobs please please add what skills and qualifications you have. Also if you are looking for  a change then what sort of work would you like to do. It would helps us members  give a clearer answer.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751438

Thanks!

Closed