New members of the Mexico forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Gracias travellight,

It would only be for her to teach, may not involve any money at all but if it did we would want to get all the correct paperwork done. Depending on potential clientele she may try and open her own Pilates/Fitness studio similar to the one she has been running for several years here in Reno Nevada. All just ideas at the moment :)

We like to be as prepared as possible so when the right opportunity presents itself we will be ready to make the move

Meanwhile we will read and ask as many questions as we can to get a better understanding of all the challenges we may face making this kind of move

Vive y aprende

Hi All,
I have been living in Puerto Aventuras Mexico, for a long time, and I feel happy to have found this wonderful place, so I think sharing my experience can help other people who would like to live in this unique Caribbean paradise, I also rent and sell real estate so it might be helpful for somebody who is looking for a place to live.
Thank you,
Kind Regards,
Paola

Hello, Scotinexile, I'm glad you're living your dream and happy that you both decided Mexico to live. Depending on your needs I'll suggest to look at a place called Catemaco, in Veracruz.
Since I was child I remember many people from abroad living there, it's a small town on a lake and close to sea, in the nearby of mountains and tropical forest. Medicine Man with Sean connery was filmed there and many others.
Also, down from Riviera Maya you will find Majahual, close to Chetumal, a medium size city not far from the Belize border, the facility to go to Belize and enjoy the caribbean sea in other atmosphere is a good advance.

Have a good luck in your search.
All the best.

Hi, Paola, I am wondering if we have already made contact with each other via email. Do you know Paul & Linda from Two Expats? Jan

gmrealestate wrote:

Hi All,
I have been living in Puerto Aventuras Mexico, for a long time, and I feel happy to have found this wonderful place, so I think sharing my experience can help other people who would like to live in this unique Caribbean paradise, I also rent and sell real estate so it might be helpful for somebody who is looking for a place to live.
Thank you,
Kind Regards,
Paola

Oops, please see my comment, Paola, wondering if we have ‘met' online....via Paul & Linda...

4doghouse wrote:

My husband and I first visited Cancun in 1991 on our honeymoon and fell in love with the area. Since then we have spent most of our vacations in Cancun and Playa. We want to get solid plans on finally being able make a permanent move in about a year. We have researched a lot over the years but aren't really sure where to start and what processes we should undergo first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi 4doghouse!
There is a lot of info on this site and people who are very gracious with helping, even though some f the not is old it is still helpful. Post your questions as new to get more exposure. Another terrific source is Twoexpats.com.  Others here know about them, too. They have a website as well as Facebook page. Plus some Spanish lessons that truly are immediately helpful. All very current, they moved to Akumal two years ago and post frequently with current info about how to navigate the unknown and get your move going :) Like you, I found Cancun and Akumal many years ago......and I think there were only 7-8 hotels in the  Cancun hotel zone then! I have yearned to live there ever since and we hope to make it happen later this Spring. I will be happy to share our experience and any infoas we go. Btw, we are bringing our dog pack when we come, haha!

hello all,
I am moving to a small mt. village in mexico. I will be near La Conception in Jalisco. I am an older white female on social security. Need some info on internet avail. and can i get it in english?

😁😁

Thanks for mention of two expats. Liked their facebook page. Just booked 12 days in Akumal with air bnb for 11 canadian dollars a day.  Did not know about this little town before with cenote close by. I am really liking this forum

Hi I'm Linda
Dream to reality
Want to move to Cabo
Seeking job

Hi, so many interesting topics and a wealth of information here.

I will be retiring early sometime this year and am searching for a new place to call home in Mexico.  Near the beach, tranquil, more affordable and great climate as I sit here in Western NY in ten degree weather.

So far only on line but will be traveling to Mexico City next month for the International Living Fast track to Mexico conference.  Hopefully this will help me hone in to the area that will be perfect for me a single female.

Has anyone attended this type of conference and was it helpful.
Thanks Kathleen

Check the jobs tab at the top of the page Linda. The forum is about information not job hunting. If you need advice about places and how to do things let us know.

Hi Kfrapp.  I have not gone to conference. I also am a single woman who is retired and looking for a pleasant cheap winter home. I want beach and warm water to swim in. I will be leaving for Cancun at end of January and staying in that area  until early April. So lets keep in touch. Can hardly wait to leave the snow behind in Ontario Canada.

Hi , I live in Vancouver bc . So hello fellow Canadian . I'm looking for a place to stay , possibly share with someone. How much longer are you staying away for ?
Thanks

Hello Changling.  I will be leaving for Cancun on February 1. I booked a room for the entire month through air bnb. I was cheap, 10 dollars a day Canadian. Then I am going down to Tulum for 3 weeks until March 23. Again booked a room through air bnb and was cheap. then 12 days in Akumal. I fly out back to Canada on April 4th. The place I am staying has two beds in room. I will send a contact request.  Then we can talk outside the forum.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751377

Thanks!

Closed