Employment pass Approved but couldn't get stamped on Passport

Hi Guys,
I got into awkward situation. Last year  I got a job offer from a Malaysian company in KL . I accepted offer and given all the docs for Employment pass or work permit. My work permit was approved and I received approval letter from Immigration office through employer.
Unfortunately I have to terminate the contract with employer and return to home due to some personal problem.

Now I would like to go again to Malaysia and Join another company . can Any one suggest if I can revoke the previously  approved   Work permit or I have to  apply for the new Permit. the approval is valid for 1 year .

I understand applying new work permits takes a lot of time and documentations.

I would appreciate if some one can guide me on this unusual situation.

thanks a lot

chandra

As you didn't complete Stage II and get the work permit sticker in your passport, the job offer is not valid in any way.

If you get another job offer, the new company can apply for an employment pass for you. A work permit/pass is only valid for a specific company /job and not transferable.

New rule came into force in August 2016 - you would have to be outside Malaysia while Stage I is being processed. That is the process to get permission for the post and the applicant.

So even if you come to Malaysia to find a job and attend interviews, you would have to exit again and wait outside the country while the Stage I process is going on.

Thanks for quick response.
you clarify all.

Hey Gravitas, this is interesting what you mentioned, and got me slightly concerned. I have applied for EP while I'm in country. What happens now?

Hi,

I got an opportunity to work in penang for local IT company, I am indian and enter Malaysia with single entry visa for employment pass, however because of family issues I came back just after a week from Malaysia, the company doesn't gave me any money during this duration of stay. I had two year Contract with them, but they let me go with no issues, however the recruiting agent company  is demanding money from me and giving  a threat  to take legal action against me In embassy. Can he really do. That or do I really need to pay the money to agent. I am. Back to India and I didn't had stage 2 multiple entry visa stamped on passport. Please suggest

Nniikkss - the first step is to read the offer of employment letter carefully and see if there is a clause that covers breaking contract. That might help explain.

As u mentioned above

As you didn't complete Stage II and get the work permit sticker in your passport, the job offer is not valid in any way.

So. Even if I have contract with company does it still valid? As I didnt went through stage 2 and get the work permit sticker on my passport

Read the contract date and duration .

Contract is for two years, so if I am back to. India what wrong can go against me If do not compensate as havnt got a single money from them and worked only 1 week in Malaysia..